Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    This might be a duplicated effort, but I searched and searched and found nothing.

I have had my Pre for a week or so - LOVE the phone. Only issue I've had was these random blocks of pixelation on the home screen. Swiping a card back and forth would accentuate them.

So tonight I got off work and started reading up on WebOS doctor, backing up everything with Save/Restore, uninstalling patch by patch hoping to fix it.

Turns out my background was too high of a resolution.(I merely copied my laptop's Wallpaper folder over to the Pre when I bought it.)

Changed it to one of the included wallpaper - voila, no more issues.
    Thanks for the info! I'm sure someone will find this extremely helpful!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Good point. FYI: If you want your own desktop image: use Photoshop or another image editor to create a 320 x 480 pixel image & upload to your pre: works great!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Or, view the image zoom into the area you really want as your wallpapper and then Option+Sym+P and you will have a nice just perfect screen shot to make as your background.
    You can have several personal wallpapers and automatically switch between them using “wallpaper Switcharoo”, I would also suggest making your custom wallpapers a 320X480 resolution.
    Last edited by not-yet-pre; 12/04/2010 at 12:39 PM.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~