1.    #1  
    I am buying a pre for the comms board off of craigslist... How do i know the comms board is good? If the usb port is broken does that mean the comms board is bad? Is the comms board good if the pre works but the usb is broken?
    Thanks for your input
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    have them deliver it at the carrier store so they can check all of that stuff.
  3.    #3  
    I am actually buying the whole pre but I just want to make sure the comms board is good with a broken usb port. I would think if the pre works the comms board is good. I am buying this so SirataXero at webosworld can eventually 2 this newly purchased pre minus
    The USB port has nothing to do with the comms board so your fine there. Just a matter if the esn for the comms board can be activated. Its a risk since they wont give that info to you at least till the transaction is done. The USB port is on the systems board.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I am buying a pre for the comms board off of craigslist... How do i know the comms board is good? If the usb port is broken does that mean the comms board is bad? Is the comms board good if the pre works but the usb is broken?
    Thanks for your input
    Not sure what you mean.The main board has you processor and storage memory on it. Test that out by using the phone fully. The usb is on the board.
  6.    #6  
    I don't need the main board. I need a fully functional comms board. Does the sprint phone (comms board) need to have a clean esn? Again I am trying to get this comms board so when I get a pre 2 I can pay webos world to make my sprint pre a pre 2. This service is Not offered yet and it may never be offered. I want to be ready
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
  7.    #7  
    Does the comms board have anything to do with the incall speaker?
    Thanks,
    ok lets start from the begining...

You currently have Sprint?
    You have a Spriint Palm Pre?
    You are looking to buy a Pre minus or Pre Plus or Pre2?

if you dont have sprint yet and want a sprint pre than you need a clean ESN
  9.    #9  
    I have a sprint pre. I am lookingt to make this sprint pre into a pre 2 once webos world finds out how its done. I want to make sure my sprint phone comms board is good. I am asking the question...Does the comms board have anything to do with the incall speaker?