1.    #1  
    So, my ex kicked my iPhone in a creek and it was all water damaged and blah blah blah. So, i bought a palm pre plus on eBay. When I got it, I was so excited. But when I tried to create a palm profile, I couldn't because I couldn't get access to wi-fi like I thought I was going to be able to. Well, it's been a day now, and I don't want to do the meta-doctor way because the steps confuse me. I'm not that tech savvy. So, i'm asking, if I bought the 1MB of data package for at&t gophone prepaid, would that be able to get my profile created and over with? Or if I were to go to an AT&T, would they be able to like, supply a sim with data just to help me get passed that? or will they laugh at me and tell me there's nothing they can do because my account is prepaid?
    Quote Originally Posted by randolpfcouture View Post
    So, my ex kicked my iPhone in a creek and it was all water damaged and blah blah blah. So, i bought a palm pre plus on eBay. When I got it, I was so excited. But when I tried to create a palm profile, I couldn't because I couldn't get access to wi-fi like I thought I was going to be able to. Well, it's been a day now, and I don't want to do the meta-doctor way because the steps confuse me. I'm not that tech savvy. So, i'm asking, if I bought the 1MB of data package for at&t gophone prepaid, would that be able to get my profile created and over with? Or if I were to go to an AT&T, would they be able to like, supply a sim with data just to help me get passed that? or will they laugh at me and tell me there's nothing they can do because my account is prepaid?
    I would say yes and yes to both of your questions. You should be able to activate with an already active Go Phone prepaid card that has data added to it. TopTongueBarry (an AT&T employee here on the forums) has done it and confirmed it will work.

And yes, a number of our folks here who are with Sprint, bought the Unlocked Pre 2's from HP and were able to go to their local AT&T stores, explain that they needed to activate their phones with an active sim with data access and the store reps allowed use of one of the demo phone sims for the two minute activation process. I am the beneficiary of such an action. So be nice and you will most likely be successful.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I would say yes and yes to both of your questions. You should be able to activate with an already active Go Phone prepaid card that has data added to it. TopTongueBarry (an AT&T employee here on the forums) has done it and confirmed it will work.

And yes, a number of our folks here who are with Sprint, bought the Unlocked Pre 2's from HP and were able to go to their local AT&T stores, explain that they needed to activate their phones with an active sim with data access and the store reps allowed use of one of the demo phone sims for the two minute activation process. I am the beneficiary of such an action. So be nice and you will most likely be successful.
    Hmmm. Thanks. I just bought the data package, and it says "Profile Creation Failed - This may be due to low network coverage or the phone settings on your SIM card need to be entered manually." Then it gives me options to try again or enter phone settings. :-/
  4.    #4  
    NEVERMIND! I got it!!
    Thanks so much.
    I just had to change the APN settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by randolpfcouture View Post
    NEVERMIND! I got it!!
    Thanks so much.
    I just had to change the APN settings.
    If you have the default AT&T MMS APN settings, could you post them here. There is another user who is looking for them.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    If you have the default AT&T MMS APN settings, could you post them here. There is another user who is looking for them.
    internet APN: wap.cingular
    username: wap.cingulargprs.com
    password: cingular1
    I am in Canada and have an AT&T Palm Pre Plus (unlocked, using it on Bell). I recently went to San Diego. Before I went I bought an AT&T GoPhone SIM on eBay (around $6), and bought an online gophone credit PIN. I set it all up online with AT&T with a San Diego number, and used the $2 per day unlimited minutes/text plan, and a $20 100MB data plan.

I used data settings as in the above post, also available here:

A Full Working Solution Making AT&T Prepaid SIM Work on your iPhone my sandbox

It all worked perfectly.

Don't know about activating though, as my phone was already activated (using metadoctor and wifi).

Also, don't know how much data activating uses, but probably not much. If you use gophone, I think the minimum credit is $15 anyway, so you might as well get $20 and use the 100MB data.
    Hi everyone.
    I finally bought a Pre Plus after wanting one since they were intro'ed however I cannot change the APN for my GoPhone sim.

I used:

internet APN: wap.cingular
    username: wap.cingulargprs.com
    password: cingular1

I get the same response as the OP.

Can anyone help ?
    Did the APN settings change ?

Btw, I switching from a Nokia N8 that this same sim worked for data and voice on.
    Also, the Pre Plus I just bought is still locked.