Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I've acquired a used Bell Pre and I've been trying to get meta-doctor to patch webOS. I've walked through the steps on the official meta-doctor page, downloading the official webOS doctor from palm (1.4.5), editing the make file, and reflashing the device. No matter what options I pick, the Pre still starts up the same way, asking to login or create a new Palm Profile. Wth?
    Quote Originally Posted by trendless View Post
    I've acquired a used Bell Pre and I've been trying to get meta-doctor to patch webOS. I've walked through the steps on the official meta-doctor page, downloading the official webOS doctor from palm (1.4.5), editing the make file, and reflashing the device. No matter what options I pick, the Pre still starts up the same way, asking to login or create a new Palm Profile. Wth?

Have you tried the Palm Bypass Activation tool?

HERE
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    If the device has Canadian language settings, the ShowFirstUse patch from Preware will not work.
    Aahhhh... I did not know that...
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Aahhhh... I did not know that...
    Yeah, it was developed waaaay back when Sprint was all there was.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    If the device has Canadian language settings, the ShowFirstUse patch from Preware will not work.
    How about the Advanced Configuration for App Launcher patch?? This will unhide first use, passthrough, dev mode, etc by default with option to hide them later.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....