Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Does the original Palm Pre (Sprint) A2DP? Has anyone successfully
    streamed music through Bluetooth with this device?

Plantronics Voyager PRO+

Anyone use this headset yest with a Pre.

Thanks

JAmes
    The original Sprint Pre does have A2DP. I use my Jawbone Icon all the time with it. Works well enoug, but Panora hangs up a frustrating amount of the time. Could be my poor wi-fi/cellular signal.

one problem that I've encountered is that music comes throug, as does a notification of incoming calls, but no system notifications like an alarm or a text or email register on the headset. May be an issue with Jawbone or WebOS.

Hope that helps.
    Yep, I have used it on multiple bluetooth stereo headsets.

I too had some early issues with Pandora but haven't used it in a long long time. I never have issues playing music stored on the device.

It is frustrating that all system sounds/notification don't come through the BT headset like they do a wired headset though.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    I successfully receive streamed music via my Plantronics Voyager 855 on my Sprint Pre (minus). As others have stated, Pandora can stutter badly. In my case, it was caused by being too far from my WiFi router (such as mowing the lawn outside). If I disconnected Wifi and used Sprint cellular in those situations, it streamed fine.

Can anyone comment on a related sound issue: when using bluetooth, wind hitting the built-in mic causes the stream to stutter. Anyone else experience this? I am usually listening to podcasts via DrPodder (a great app!).

Thanks!
    - Alan
    Palm III, Palm Vx, Palm TX, Palm Pre (Sprint), Palm Pre3(AT&T/ebay)
    BlueAnt T1 works well with A2DP streaming. I use it for podcasts (i.e., talk radio). For music I really prefer stereo headsets and so far just using 3.5mm wired headsets.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by alangant View Post
    I successfully receive streamed music via my Plantronics Voyager 855 on my Sprint Pre (minus). As others have stated, Pandora can stutter badly. In my case, it was caused by being too far from my WiFi router (such as mowing the lawn outside). If I disconnected Wifi and used Sprint cellular in those situations, it streamed fine.

Can anyone comment on a related sound issue: when using bluetooth, wind hitting the built-in mic causes the stream to stutter. Anyone else experience this? I am usually listening to podcasts via DrPodder (a great app!).

Thanks!
    I dont get this with my Moto S10 headset while streaming or without it.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Panora hangs up a frustrating amount of the time. Could be my poor wi-fi/cellular signal
    WIFI AND BLUETOOTH DO NOT PLAY NICE TOGETHER. When playing streamed content over A2DP, you will have to use your carrier's 3G connection. That is the only fix. I certainly hope this is fixed in 2.0.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    WIFI AND BLUETOOTH DO NOT PLAY NICE TOGETHER. When playing streamed content over A2DP, you will have to use your carrier's 3G connection. That is the only fix. I certainly hope this is fixed in 2.0.
    I've noticed the same thing when listening to RadioTime over Bluetooth with wi-fi enabled.

What causes that? A buffer overrun or something? I would think that wifi would allow for better streaming....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Sorry I don't have Sprint I have Verizon. I have two Samsung Modus 3500 and I stream Pandora or music I put on the Pre via the 3G and Wifi with no problems what so ever. I listen all day from my cubicle at work and can get up and walk about 30 ft away to the copier and 4 ft or so tall partions between the two and can still hear perfectly.
    Last edited by joliejolie0930; 12/02/2010 at 09:48 PM.
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    Bluetooth + Outside = bad

I have used my pre& Dash and moto head phones for a couple years and pandora runs fine its just when you have your phone in your front pocket outside that you run into problems.