1.    #1  
    Hey everyone,

I am on VZW with a Palm Pre. I am trying to drop down to the 150MB data plan monthly at $15. I was wondering if any of you might have a suggestion how to save on my data usage. I got rid of the backup assistant (for now) and have most of the apps running on manually.

Anyways, I welcome any and all suggestions. I am new to this thing and trying to use it for basic usage for a smartphone. Thanks again!

- Jay
    Use WiFi whenever possible, set email to manual. Don't use apps that use data except for being on WiFi
    don't use facebook, and don't hang around precentral so much.
    Nah, it's as easy as disabling data on the phone app preferences, and use wifi.

The problem is that whenever you sync an accounts/calendar, they tend to stay in sync better than the email accounts, and this includes contact images, which can lead to data transfers whenever a contact changes their profile image.

Think Facebook, all your accounts sync with pictures...

So, just stick away from data usage and you'll be fine

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    I have 500MB data plan and I use facebook quite alot. My last months usage I don't think even got 20MB of that 500. I try to use WiFi as much as possible like when at home or in a known hotspot. Do you do a lot of emailing? I am pretty sure that roughly 100 emails depending on content (pics etc.) only uses apprx. 1-2MB. Setting likes of email or facebook to check manually isn't going to cut down on data usage per say because as soon as you do check them all that you have missed will then be updated. Using check manually for less battery consumption I could understand but not to save on data usage. I guess what it all boils down to is what each indavidual uses their phone for!
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Nah, it's as easy as disabling data on the phone app preferences, and use wifi.
    This is correct.