Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I have a text I need to save for court reasons....i was wondering if there was a way to save it or lock it along with the number it was sent from securly. Please anyone understand what I mean. There are some phones that let you lock texts. Does the pre do this some how.
    you could forward it to an email account
    Screenshot? Take a video if it? Take it to an officer of the court and have them notarize a statement as to what the conyenys of the message is?

On a separate note, how come so many Pre users need to save text messages for legal reasons? This is like the fourth request in the last month alone. I hang out on the Android Central boards for the EVO, Epic, and G2 and they have a zillion more users and have never seen a request for this.
    i would take a screen shot on your phone , but you need to show someone in the court system or a lawyer .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    to take a picture of the text press the sym+opt+p buttons all at the same time.

opt is the orange or white square on the left side of the keyboard.

additionally you can download an archive of the data on your device by using webos quick install to get the .db3 file

here is an article on backing up test messages.

http://www.precentral.net/how-backup-and-restore-your-text-messages-and-call-history
    Last edited by windzilla; 12/01/2010 at 09:58 PM.
    Re the screenshot. You'll need to apply one of the timestamp patches first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Screenshot? Take a video if it? Take it to an officer of the court and have them notarize a statement as to what the conyenys of the message is?

On a separate note, how come so many Pre users need to save text messages for legal reasons? This is like the fourth request in the last month alone. I hang out on the Android Central boards for the EVO, Epic, and G2 and they have a zillion more users and have never seen a request for this.
    I thought the exact same thing when I saw this!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    You could also just not delete that message, and install the timestamp patch, mentioned earlier. Then for safety reasons, do a screen shot, forward to an email and show it to a lawyer of officer.

+1

Does the Pre attract legal cases?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing when I saw this!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    +1

Does the Pre attract legal cases?

Hmmm, I guess we have to look at this in a positive light. We have people here saying they want to save text messages to prove what some one said. We don't have people saying they want to delete text messages off someone else's phone to remove the evidence of what they said.

Perhaps it is all those iPhone and Android users sending nasty texts to the webOS users around the world.

this is because tiger wood gave each of his girlfriends a Pre+.

and; Brett Favre also uses a Pre+
    I think the Epic has a lock function for texts. My Samsung Instinct used to have a lock function. I locked it and it wouldn't delete unless I confirmed I wanted it gone even if I was doing a multiple delete function. I hope that made sense.