1.    #1  
    Okay for the patches on the 20% and 10% remaining battery, I've got those. I'm talking about the sound the phone does when the battery is getting close to zero and it's basically shutting down. Can't figure out how to get rid of it, any clue?
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    It will go away when the battery dies
    Last edited by NachoB; 12/01/2010 at 07:53 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  3.    #3  
    When I said clue I meant sensible clue, were you just up for a laugh this morning or does this mean there's no way to remove that sound?
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Always up for a good laugh. Anyway, do you let your battery drain to that level often enough for it to be a nuisance?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
  5.    #5  
    Nearly all the time!
    I can't switch the phone off otherwise when I switch it on again the time drifts away (switch off is also a long process, aerplane is quicker)
    So picture this: I put it on aerplane mode, when I leave my phone on the table before going to bed it says 30/40%, during the night it shuts down (useless battery which it is) and the sound is just enough to bloody wake me up!
    Wow, draining that bad in airplane mode doesn't seem right.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    When I got bed, mine is always charging. Then, when I get up, it's ready to go. You can't overcharge it, so just plug it in.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  8.    #8  
    You're right verwon, that'd be the most sensible thing to do, only more often than not I forget my charger at work or in the car, I'm thinking on buying a spare one.

GuyFromNam, I tried Dr. Battery to scrutinise the battery when in overclock and I honestly can't see the point of that tool, do you??!?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Click the Health button! What does it say?
    92%
    1150mAh
    1058mAh
  10.    #10  
    OK, then there's definitely something off. You're not supposed to lose 40% of juice overnight while in airplane mode. How would you be supposed to call your airport pickup?

Is redoctoring an option?
    Hell no! Sorry, that's the one process I'm not going through again. I'd rather put it into a glass of balsamic vinegar...
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    92%
    1150mAh
    1058mAh
    That may not be accurate. If you've been using the battery for awhile, you need to calibrate it to see the "true health."

If your battery is dying all of a sudden when it reaches a certain percentage, calibration will fix that BUT it won't increase your battery life at all, it just makes the battery gauge on the phone more accurate.

It's very possible that your battery just needs to be replaced.

Amazon currently has OEM Palm Pre batteries for a little over $3 shipped.
    Aaarghhh calibrating is such a *****.
    Proved the health indicator accurate though every time I used it...
    I had a 10 month old Mugen 1400 battery. Dr Battery showed initial health of 94%, but when the battery got down to 20%, it would immediately shut down.

I then calibrated it using Dr. Battery. After successful calibration, the health showed 78% (which was more accurate) and the battery no longer did the "death drop" at 20%.

The sudden "death drop" is a good indication that the battery needs calibrated. The more charge/discharge cycles a battery has been through, the less accurate the fuel gauge reads until it's calibrated.

Some people (like myself) may check their battery health with Dr. Battery and think the first reading is accurate and don't realize that they may need to calibrate it to get a more accurate reading.

Now, if you successfully calibrate a battery and the health reads pretty close to the initial reading, the battery probably has not seen a lot of charge/discharge cycles and/or it's somehow been calibrated. I would think that a battery would need calibrated a few times a year, just to keep the fuel gauge accurate.

The Dr. Battery thread has a lot of good info about the app and somline, creator of Dr. Battery could probably explain it better, he's done a lot of testing with it.
    To give you an exact solutions, since the guys already mentioned there is no in-built way to do that:

Use Preware --> Available Packages --> Patch --> Sounds and Alerts --> 2 options: a) Disable Low Battery Warning Sounds for 20 percent b) Disable Low Battery Warning Sounds for 10 percent

Hope this helps. Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    You're right verwon, that'd be the most sensible thing to do, only more often than not I forget my charger at work or in the car, I'm thinking on buying a spare one.

GuyFromNam, I tried Dr. Battery to scrutinise the battery when in overclock and I honestly can't see the point of that tool, do you??!?
    Spares can be gotten for super cheap prices on Ebay and Amazon. I have a spare charger and always keep several spare batteries.
    And yes, just for the record, we're still talking about smartphones, I meant spare Pre batteries! LOL
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by soulfreak View Post
    TUse Preware --> Available Packages --> Patch --> Sounds and Alerts --> 2 options: a) Disable Low Battery Warning Sounds for 20 percent b) Disable Low Battery Warning Sounds for 10 percent
    That I did, and wrote it in the very first post, not what I'm looking for but thanks.

1) I'm no Palm/phone expert but I don't think I'll ever be able to solve the the battery problem, the battery of this phone is just s#ite, that is it.

2) On the other hand I might be onto something with the shutting down sound. I remember a long while ago, possibly a very old OS version, I specifically set system sounds, so yesterday I went to the sounds folder and found the one that wakes me up at night and deleted it. Last night as usual the battery drained from 35% to s#ite in a matter or ours and I heard a much louder sound (I had specifically set at the time a mild-ish water drop, now it was a much louder one), now, if I can recall how to change the system souds, then I'll just have to set a bloody silent mp3 and that is it. I've been playing with the phone but can't find out anymore how I set the tones in the first place, can you help with that?
    wasn't it the app "My Notifications" ?
    I don't currently have it installed but there's a configurable low battery notification option in Advanced Config for System Preferences patch.

Fom the wiki: Patch:AdvancedConfigurations - WebOS Internals

Low Battery: [Vibrate | System Sound | Ringtone | Mute]
    Last edited by NachoB; 12/20/2010 at 08:50 PM.

Palm Pre wallpapers
  19.    #19  
    there's a configurable low battery notification option in Advanced Config for System Preferences patch
    Unfortunately this patch conflicts with so many others that nobody can tell which ones, even with the error log:

Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    50 73506 50 37231 0 0 19885 0 0:00:03 0:00:01 0:00:02 22660
    100 73506 100 73506 0 0 26560 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 28962
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences-world
    Install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences-world.postinst 2>&1
    2 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    2 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    2 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    4 out of 13 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 15 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/activecall-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    2 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/calllog-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/TelephonyEventListener.jsjsjs.$rej$
    2 out of 11 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/app/controllers/preflist-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 9 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences-world from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences-world.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

wasn't it the app "My Notifications" ?
    I'll try thanks, I just hope I won't have to uninstall SMS Tone per Contact 2 because it was VERY troublesome to uninstall SMS Tone per Contact 1 to make the 2 work a few months ago.
    Unfortunately, you have a lot of patches installed that are included in ACSP, one of which is SMS Tone per contact.
    Last edited by NachoB; 12/20/2010 at 08:47 PM.

Palm Pre wallpapers