Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Out of nowhere my Pre keyboard locks up or decides to type everything in CAPSLOCK and deletes whole words with a single push of the delete button.

Or instead of typing in caps lock it will enter the symbol for that particular letter. I've Dr.'d twice to no avail. It takes me 5 minutes to type one text sentence. If I turn the phone off and back on it goes back to normal, for only a short period (like 10 words worth, if I'm lucky).

Also, when it really wants to **** me off it just shows me the app version for anything I try to select and then I have to shut it down.

Am going to the store soon, but I figured I'd check here first. I am (and have been since it came out) running version 1.4.5

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Thank you RUSH
    Quote Originally Posted by boobo0 View Post
    Out of nowhere my Pre keyboard locks up or decides to type everything in CAPSLOCK and deletes whole words with a single push of the delete button.

Or instead of typing in caps lock it will enter the symbol for that particular letter. I've Dr.'d twice to no avail. It takes me 5 minutes to type one text sentence. If I turn the phone off and back on it goes back to normal, for only a short period (like 10 words worth, if I'm lucky).

Also, when it really wants to **** me off it just shows me the app version for anything I try to select and then I have to shut it down.

Am going to the store soon, but I figured I'd check here first. I am (and have been since it came out) running version 1.4.5

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
    We have 2 Palm Pre Plus handsets from Verizon, both have been repolaced multiple times without much success, I'm hoping that when new hardware arrives Verizon gives me a break. The keyboard on this phone is extremely buggy.
    There have been a lot of complaints about the keyboards on the Verizon Pres.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Oh yea I forgot to note that it is a Sprint Pre
    does the OP know that tapping yhe shift key twice, it puts the keyboard into caps-lock? just checking... it cancels when you change text fields so that sounds a lot like what you are describing.
    I am about to replace my vz palm pre plus because of the keyboard prob ans I have no gps even after all the patches. They said they will send me a refurb .. I have one ? Though ... I have overclocked my plus and patched it, is there anyway this could be a prob later after I wipe it and send it back ? If so , I will just wait for my next phone next year ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    does the OP know that tapping yhe shift key twice, it puts the keyboard into caps-lock? just checking... it cancels when you change text fields so that sounds a lot like what you are describing.
    That actually sounds about right.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Really?.............Maybe you can show me how to turn the phone on and off next?

Update:

Went to the Sprint store today, as RUSH noted the phone was toast and needed to be replaced.

It couldn't have been any easier of a transaction, it's nice to see Sprint has become very reasonable (money wise) to deal with something like this. I had no insurance on the phone and all it cost me was $35 bucks to swap it out with a new one. Thanks Sprint! (got to be the first time I've said that, lol)
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I have a launch day Sprint Pre and my keyboard just starting going on the fritz a week or two ago. Every now and then if I'm typing out a text or a browser search, it will repeat the same letter about 30 times. The physical key itself is not sticking. If I hold down the back key to delete, it will keep deleting long after I let go of the key and delete most of what I typed. Is my keyboard just starting to go out?