1.    #1  
    so im going through my webos internalz and found /var/luna/data/emails/ and it has a bunch of folders labled bucket-# (where # = a number). inside each bucket folder appears to be every html email i have ever received.

does anyone know why the pre does this? is there a way to disable it? seems to take up a lot of extra space for no reason. also, is there an easy way to delete these besides going through each one individually?
    Nope, can't disable it. Those are any type of attachments and stuff that you've received.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  3.    #3  
    thanks for the reply. thats a bummer. is there a way to access these folders on my desktop pc? swipping each individual file to delete is taking forever!
    The space they take up is minimal. I deleted a ton of them, before I got bored and the space available in my Pre didn't change.
    There was a time when these files were something of an issue. I don't know if their storage location has changed or what. I could be wrong, but the Pre used to have limited app storage space, and I think these files may have competed with apps. Some people used to find email to be faster after cleaning them out too. But I'm not sure there is any reason anymore to bother with them.

I'll see if I can scare up some old threads on this topic.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Here's a good one: http://forums.precentral.net/general...my-memory.html

And they were definitely competing with apps for a very limited amount of space (100-200ish MB) before 1.3.5 or so. This was a pretty hot topic around this time last year.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  7.    #7  
    thanks for the info guys (and gal)
    Quote Originally Posted by thednbselecta View Post
    thanks for the info guys (and gal)
    Very welcome, especially for not assuming I'm a guy with a hot chick as his avatar! LOL

Though there are many that do that.