Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Was just looking at Verizon and Sprint sites - neither seems to be selling the Pre. Is the Pre 2 coming out soon????
    The palm pres has been (EOL)End of life on Sprint a few weeks ago.

I don't know about Verizon.

The pre 2 has been mention as "Coming Soon" to Verizon.(Alledgedly)
    And Sprint is not carrying the Pre2.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    both the sprint pre and the vzw pre plus have reached EOL status. However some vzw stores are still carrying the pre plus, such as mine in NJ.

both phones can be bought on HP's wireless central store though.
    Or Ebay!
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Unofficially...
    They've said it multiple times, how official do you want it?

It wouldn't even make sense for them to carry it.
    I just got my pre plus from verizon a few days ago. I had to call them up, and they were able to ship it from their warehouse in Canada. Also you can buy the palm pre from the HP site. I went to the palm site, then clicked on buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by zach_power View Post
    I just got my pre plus from verizon a few days ago. I had to call them up, and they were able to ship it from their warehouse in Canada. Also you can buy the palm pre from the HP site. I went to the palm site, then clicked on buy.
    Wait... they have a warehouse in Canada with Pre Pluses that they don't even sell here?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I am surprised the pixi is still on their site.
    ~ VZW Palm Pre Plus [1Ghz]
    ~ HP Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post

Thank god!
    I was just in a sprint store in PA a few days ago and to my surprise they had a pre and even a touchstone.
    Pres quietly being EOL'd without replacement.... Webos 2.0 and pre2 "in the coming months"... U.S. pre2 exclusively on a carrier that doesn't give a crap about anything non-droid... android tablets before palm-tabs... losing interest with developers... wait til CES, wait til CES, wait til CES, etc... man, I really hope that Palm is bought up by a large company with more money, more clout, and better marketing skills soon or webos is dead. Oh, wait.

I love my webos, I like my pre, I can't stand the way webos is being murdered by a seemingly endless stream of questionable and/or bad decisions.
    Or Ebay!
    Exactly! My "new" pre (used about a month) will be arriving today via fedex. The one I'm currently using will be used as my backup. With no pre 2 coming out on sprint, and me wanting to see if there is anything new announced @ CES like everyone is wishing for, I figure another pre will buy me a few more months whilst saving my precious upgrade on something I really want. The Epic is the only thing I'd even REMOTELY want atm.

Has anyone noticed Sprint really getting on the Android bandwagon? Between Android in my snail mail, and Android news in my emai, Android all over their website... sheesh, they're turning into another Verizon!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Thank god!
    Amen!!!!!
    They've said it multiple times, how official do you want it?

It wouldn't even make sense for them to carry it.

yeah there hasent been anything official at this time on wether sprint, AT&T, or Tmobile will or will not be carring the Pre 2, or any other new webos device at this time. If you have additional information please provide thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donmeister85 View Post
    Has anyone noticed Sprint really getting on the Android bandwagon? Between Android in my snail mail, and Android news in my emai, Android all over their website... sheesh, they're turning into another Verizon!
    That's more of a thing with all the manufacturers putting android on their devices than it is a carrier thing. Carriers just get all kinds of phones, from dumb to smart phones. Most of the smrtphones available now r running android just because it's easier for the manufacturers. The next big pool of smart phones, number of phone wise, is blackberry, cause they make little differations on their hardware, which means more phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    That's more of a thing with all the manufacturers putting android on their devices than it is a carrier thing. Carriers just get all kinds of phones, from dumb to smart phones. Most of the smrtphones available now r running android just because it's easier for the manufacturers. The next big pool of smart phones, number of phone wise, is blackberry, cause they make little differations on their hardware, which means more phones.
    Hmmm... good point. Point taken...

So RadioShack just called me. Said that I bought a phone from them last year and qualify for special pricing in addition to my upgrade pricing which just became available as of today. I asked her how much could I get the Samsung Epic for. She said $179. I'm half way tempted to try the sucker for 30 days...
    Quote Originally Posted by Donmeister85 View Post
    Exactly! My "new" pre (used about a month) will be arriving today via fedex. The one I'm currently using will be used as my backup. With no pre 2 coming out on sprint, and me wanting to see if there is anything new announced @ CES like everyone is wishing for, I figure another pre will buy me a few more months whilst saving my precious upgrade on something I really want. The Epic is the only thing I'd even REMOTELY want atm.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url= Beta[/url]
    I just bought one on Ebay and had it sent to my son. Cost me $85, including shipping and extras.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    The Sprint store down the street from my house still has the Pre on display, but they've all switched to Evo's in store.
    I've got a Sprint Pre I'd sell for almost nothing. They have fallen way behind the other phones. Loved it at first but now it is like having a projection TV instead of LED. Too bad OS didn't have the support.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast