1.    #1  
    Problem MOSTLY RESOLVED; I was helped in the IRC Chat on webos-internals; I was linked to the Developing on an Unactivated Device developer palm com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2051 TOOL: Running the Activation-Bypass Tool
    The activation-bypass tool is a Java application. To use the tool, you need to have installed Java and the latest webOS SDK (which includes the Novacom driver).

Download the activation-bypass tool, which is available here, and save it in the location of your choice.
    Boot your device into recovery mode, as described above.
    Run the activation-bypass tool from the command line by issuing the following command: java -jar devicetool.jar
    The device will reboot. Once the device is booted, it will be in developer mode, and the first use procedure will not be required. The device will be ready to use, subject to the limitations of non-activation.

This allowed me to bypass the activation screen where then i was greeted with an activated phone, and everything seems pretty normal. It works as a phone but I don't think the data or internet works which is odd: I can place and receive calls and sms messages but I don't think I can access my profile still?

Thanks so much for all the responses I received and thanks so much for the developer community!

=========================================
    After using webOS Doctor because my OS was acting sluggish to haptic commands , cannot login to palm profile. After tirelessly chatting with technical support and having my case elevated to LEVEL 3, I really don't know what to do. I did a full erase three times, I used the webOS Doctor three times and I still can't seem to login to my Palm Profile; I can't even create a new Palm Profile. I really don't know what To do. I'm downloading this webOSQuick Install Utility to see what that can tell me but I don't think that's the problem because I don't even think I installed anything that way before?

Sprint

Guilderland, NY USA

from the activation screen you don't have access to wifi settings

I had full Ev and Three to Four bars of reception

username and password were A OKAY

I was also instructed by help to do this:

# Tap the lower-right corner of the screen to place an emergency call.
    # Delete the emergency call numbers.
    # Enter the appropriate code for the phone and then tap the dial icon to open Device Info:
    # * CDMA phones: ##43574357#
    # When the Device Info screen opens, tap Reset Options.
    # Tap Erase Apps & Data.
    Last edited by CyanFOX; 11/30/2010 at 06:32 PM. Reason: activation-bypass tool, java -jar devicetool.jar
    And is the device showing a data connection when you try to sign in/create a profile?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Happened to me the other day. You have to make sure you activate your phone first. You may need to do it manually. You can go to the phone screen for "911 calls." If you are on Verizon, you would dial *228 and option 1 and manually activate your phone. Then... you can log in to your profile.
  4.    #4  
    Sprint, Guilderland NY USA problem mostly resolved using activation-bypass tool, java -jar devicetool.jar
  5.    #5  
    That screen doesn't allow you to access any of the phone's settings, except for using the special carrier device codes which can get you into device diagnostics or erase settings; i wasn't able to access any of the wifi or other preference utilities; my uid and pass were A OKAY i don't have problems with login credentialing normally which is why this was my last pitch effort
  6.    #6  
    You have to remove the battery to put it into recovery mode

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    First.. Some of those representative have no clue on how to assist anyone on these phones - you might have a better chance here on the forums.

Back to the topic - Make sure you're not using wifi. Also, pay attention to your username/email address, and password.

Running webos repair utility won't do anything to fix this problem. You're having problems signing into your palm profile.

Note: make sure the phone is activated as well.
    Doctoring the phone didn't fix anything, did you try removing and reinserting the battery - maybe that could fix the glitch in the system.

This is an unusual occurrence, and this most likely is caused by not having a 3g connection.

Good luck -
    Can you go to palm.com/palmprofile and see if you profile credentials work there? If so, see if the acct has been flagged for lost device. Just throwing a bone.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  8.    #8  
    login credential cheque

that was the first thing i tried, i always am fearful that i'm entering invalid credentials so i attempted to login to my account via the web administration console and it works correctly all two of them

i even attempted to create a new account on the device, but the device now works since i used the Activation-Bypass Tool

as stated on the Developing on an Unactivated Device page of developer dot palm dot com /index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2051

Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Can you go to palm.com/palmprofile and see if you profile credentials work there? If so, see if the acct has been flagged for lost device. Just throwing a bone.
  9.    #9  
    Problem MOSTLY Resolved...

I used the Activation Bypass Tool and my phone works great; How do I take down my thread?

Oh? This sounds like a neat app!

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Instal Preware and the Show FirstUse App by a guy named Jack.
    Perhaps that will allow you to sign into your profile over wifi.
    Quote Originally Posted by CyanFOX View Post
    Problem MOSTLY Resolved...

I used the Activation Bypass Tool and my phone works great; How do I take down my thread?

Oh? This sounds like a neat app!
    So is your data working now and do you have access to the app catalog to purchase apps?

Since you are asking about the first use app in the quoted post it seems that you are not actually running an active profile.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  11.    #11  
    I'm just curious, I've never heard of that app and it sounds interesting

Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    So is your data working now and do you have access to the app catalog to purchase apps?

Since you are asking about the first use app in the quoted post it seems that you are not actually running an active profile.
    Quote Originally Posted by CyanFOX View Post
    I'm just curious, I've never heard of that app and it sounds interesting
    As GuyFromNam said, you skipped going through the first use app by bypassing activation. Which if not done will not allow you access to the app catalog for paid apps or OTA updates.

Plus you said in one of your other posts that your problems were "mostly" fixed.

Installing Preware and then the "show first use app" patch should get you back to that app so you can attempt to actually load an active Palm Profile and get everything working as opposed to just "mostly" working.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    CyanFOX,

I'm having the EXACT same problem, and the funny thing is that it happened about two days ago... like you.

Here's the problem:

Woke up one morning and pulled the phone off the TS charger, and I had no 3G symbol in the corner... Could make calls, receive calls, rx/tx sms and connect to WiFi. But no mobile network connectivity.

I tried everything I could think of... WebOS Doctor, ##786# Reset, ##3282# settings check... Until finally I had to call VZW to manually push my Auth keys because voice had started failing.

Now I'm at a point where I can use the phone if I use the activation by-pass, but still have no mobile network data... Verizon says there's no problems on their end, and Palm says I'm SOL.

The phone is in PERFECT condition... and it was activated/bought on 10/31/2010. I'm a developer and take EXTREMELY good care of my gear...

The only reason I'm here looking for help is because I bought the Pre+ from a friend of my sister. We went to VZW and they verified the purchase/activation date for me... however, because I bought it from a third party, NO ONE will help me...

I'm slowly losing faith in the brand.

Anyone out there have any suggestions?

-Jordan
    Last edited by JSpecMugen; 12/02/2010 at 05:17 PM.
    Here's some troubleshooting info that has been successful for me. If after activation you can't get a data connection (palm profile login won't work obviously), run the ##786# MSL reset - this worked for me once. If data connection still doesn't work (I suspect something is stuck with the carrier), activate another phone (could be any working mobile phone) to see if the network gets unstuck and a data signal is indeed available and working, then re-activate the problem Pre - this also worked for me once. If the second phone still doesn't work, then time to call the carrier support peeps.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    CDMA phones, ESPECIALLY used ones, could have issues with the data connection and its notorious on Sprint. If the phone was provisioned properly then ##3836# for sprint or #*#3836# VZW, make sure its on hybrid, hit save, wait 5mins and all the sudden the data is there. If that does not work then the voice was setup right but data could be on another MTA line thus ##786# or #*#786# is needed to wipe out the radio completely and repovision the device. EVERY single repalcement sprint phone I get I have to do the rtn reset to get data, not just webos devices.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    I have a similar issue with my Palm Pre Plus (VZ, upstate SC).
    two days ago, I was no longer able to make/receive calls, and the data network no longer worked. this happened while I was traveling to the beach.
    I did a full reset and was unable to connect to the data network to login to my palm profile. I spoke to VZ support and they walked me through a manual programming exercise, still no joy. I tried Webos Dr. to do a reflash, and I still cannot connect to the data network or make/receive calls. I finally decided to bypass the first use app and I am able to connect to my wireless network and use the phone as a wireless device. I still cannot make/receive calls. I'm out of warranty, so I cannot get a replacement.