1.    #1  
    where can I access my palm profile?
    you can't. that's why I always tell people not to put anything in it.
  3.    #3  
    My phone is getting a new screen put in it right now, do you know if that will effect anything that was on it like my apps, patches or themes that I have installed?
    it shouldn't change a thing.
    But if you want a profile that you can access, you'll need to use something else, like Google or Yahoo.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    you can check the basic profile here... palm.com/palmprofile

but it doesn't show you much
    Quote Originally Posted by shabby71 View Post
    My phone is getting a new screen put in it right now, do you know if that will effect anything that was on it like my apps, patches or themes that I have installed?
    Patches, apps, and themes are not saved into the Palm Profile.

Palm sets flags for each app you get and can reinstall for free later. Resign back into the profile will reinstall all apps you got before erase/repalcement of device. Data within the apps are not backed up there either but do get Save/Restore app from preware to fix that detail It backs them up the app data to the USB side of the device, folder called saverestore. Due back that up to your computer.

Patches and themes are the same this but are backed up in preware when you go to Saved Package List and can either update what you have now, it will replaced you last save, or install all. Preware will redownload and resintall them. Preware stores these backups on the USB side of the device.

However, if the app uses cookies like wIRC, then the Palm Profile does back that up.

If you do have data in the palm profile acct, I STRONGLY suggest running ##NOMAD# to at least extract all the contacts in there as a vcf and import into exchange or google. If you hate the cloud then at least run that to have a vcf backup to the PC just in case murphy law kicks in. Look for the export in a hidden folder called ./temp called PmMigration.vcf
    Last edited by addiarmadar; 11/30/2010 at 03:52 PM.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....