1.    #1  
    First off, I am a proud Pre owner with Sprint. I love my Pre and it makes my life better by having it. With that being said... in laymens terms, what is the state of WEBOS and will there be another WebOS phone for me to upgrade to when the time comes in a year or so? My family all have android phones (Hero and 2 EVO's) and they love them. I really like the synergy backup with my pre. I am not a big google fan, I have been with and will continue to support Yahoo as long as its around:0) I like the fact my phone contacts and yahoo contacts interact together. I dont know if you can even use android phones with yahoo? Anyways ... Im no tech savy person and Im just wondering if I will be able to continue using the webOS system on some kind of phone in the future or do I need to be playing with these android phones as I may need to get one in the near future? Any feedback is much appreciated!!
    I would not make any big decisions until CES. By then, if there are no announcements of new HP webOS devices on Sprint, then defiantly look at other options.

it really just boils down to what device fits for you. I don't like to knock anyone for the choices they make. It's just always good to be aware of what's out there incase you tire from the device you have now.
    Many people from Palm have said to expect new phones and a tablet by the beginning of 2011. This translates to us techy people that they will be introducing new hardware at CES 2011 in January. So be sure to check Precentral's front page when CES comes.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    I am told March! By a Sprint Employee who was pretty clearly "in the know". He was actually very enthusiastic about it. It will not be the Pre 2 though. But they said March of next year Sprint is expecting the new phone. He also said when HP was buying Palm, Palm just kinda quit making phones lol. So now they have started again.

Hopefully it will be here sooner rather than later though!
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Many people from Palm have said to expect new phones and a tablet by the beginning of 2011. This translates to us techy people that they will be introducing new hardware at CES 2011 in January. So be sure to check Precentral's front page when CES comes.
    Ill have live blogs of Engadget, Giz, and Precentral all running. Come January 6th-9th we will know something.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I will be hoping for the best with WebOS
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    it really just boils down to what device fits for you. I don't like to knock anyone for the choices they make. It's just always good to be aware of what's out there incase you tire from the device you have now.
    This is really the crux of the whole "platform wars". You really just need a level head and use what works best for you. There is no, in general, "best" platform out there. However, there is a "best" platform to you.

Here are my dos and don'ts:

DO: Identify your needs, test phones out, ask a lot of questions on forums like this and Android Central, TiPb, CrackBerry, etc., take with a grain of salt anyone who says you are stupid for looking at other devices/platforms.

DON'T: Listen to those who say there is only one good platform and the rest are junk, clunky, locked down, etc., only look at one platform, make your decision based solely on a salesperson's recommendation at a store, be afraid to make a mistake (all carriers have some period of time in which you can return your phone if you end up not liking it).

That being said, we have no firm information on devices coming to Sprint. We have LOTS of speculation, rumors and "a highly placed Sprint person" comments, but no one really knows. However, I think a good bet would be to wait until after CES to make a decision. Palm won't be the only one there making announcements, the other platforms will be as well.

I kind of look at it as buying a new car (a lot less expensive tho). There will always be new models out with more bells and whistles, more cup holders, better electronics, better miles per gallon, etc. But if you keep driving that 1984 Chevrolet Citation eventually it is going to have to be replaced and you can't just keep waiting for what is "coming soon".
    you must know what exactly you want from the phone! and then make a decision
    If you want to stick with webOS, there should be some great things on the horizon in 2011. CES and MWC should have some things for us. But if your phone is not filling your needs and you need something now, go shop around and find what works for you. I love webOS, but if my phone did not fulfill my needs and I need something now, I would go find that phone.

My Themes:CLICK HERE