1.    #1  
    Yesterday morning I went to use my one month old Palm Pre to discover that the screen had spider crackes from just above the bottom center of the screen fanning out to the top of the phone. I went to the bell store and told them that I had not dropped the phone or that nothing was dropped on it. They told me that it was considered physical damage and that they could not do anything about it. Well they told me I would probably have to pay upwards of $200 to get it fixed. I basically told them that I was paying anything for a phone that I just got for free (as an upgrade). I was then told by "Cantaffordit" from the precentral forums to call Bell themselves and if they didn't do anything to go straight to Palm. I called Bell to no prevale, so I told them that they had the worst costomer service I had ever seen. Before I called Palm I decided to google "palm pre cracked screen", well to my surprise there have been hundreds of people with the same problem all going back to the the very first day the device was released for sale. I then called
    Palm (HP) and told them my problem. They actually listened and turned me over to Technical support were I was told to bring the phone back to the Bell store and have them call the number they gave me and with my refference# and it would not cost me anything because this is a "KNOWN ISSUE" with the phone. In fact Palm couldn't believe that Bell was pretty much hidding the fact that they didn't know anything about this ongoing problem. For any one else that has had or is having this same problem I would advise you to call Palm directly if your server tries to give you the run around. The # is 1-866-219-7445 then press 2 for technical support. I want to thank "Cantaffordit" for leading me in the right direction it is much appreciated, otherwise I probably would have just tried to sell my broken phone for next to nothing on ebay.
  2.    #2  
    Oh ya forgot to say that when I went back to the Bell store their attitudes changed just a little bit ha ha ha. Two can play that game!!!!!
    Congrats! I'm glad you'll be able to get a replacement free of charge. I would've been FUMING if I got that kind of initial response from Bell myself. But alas, I'm on Sprint, and have been with them for a long time. I don't think they'd give me that kind of bs.

Edit: Well, I'm assuming you'll get a replacement. I wonder if that kind of damage can be repaired or if it's easier to simply replace the phone?
  4.    #4  
    Don't kid yourself I have been with Bell for about twelve years now. I forgot to say that they are actually fixing that phone and not giving me a brand new one. I guess that is better than having a phone that doesn't work at all though!!
    kool glad you got something done about it !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by shabby71 View Post
    Don't kid yourself I have been with Bell for about twelve years now. I forgot to say that they are actually fixing that phone and not giving me a brand new one. I guess that is better than having a phone that doesn't work at all though!!
    and you dont have to pay for it lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  7.    #7  
    No I don't and if it happens again I will do the same thing until Palm gets sick of replacing the screen and "maybe" end up getting a new phone like I think I should have in the first place!!!!!!