1.    #1  
    Hey guys, I've had nothing but bad luck when it comes to my headset jack on my pre. From being stuck in headset mode for more than 2 months, to my pre getting stuck in headset mode everyday. I've discovered that I'm not suffering from a software problem but rather a hardware problem. My pre will go in and out of headset mode byitself constantly. For example, if I were to make a call the icon showing speaker or headset will change every second or so. I've also had it that it would when the slider is closed it is on speaker, but once the slider is open it goes into headset mode. So what I want to know is if anyone has replaced their headset jack before, how dificult it can be, and possibly a guide of how to do it. Thank you all in advance
    If your handy with small tools you could try a headphone Jack Repair:
    Palm Pre headphone jack repair
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Don't worry Krab19, I'm going through the very same ordeal. I'm also interested in replacing the the headphone jack before I'm eligible for my upgrade next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    Hey guys, I've had nothing but bad luck when it comes to my headset jack on my pre. From being stuck in headset mode for more than 2 months, to my pre getting stuck in headset mode everyday. I've discovered that I'm not suffering from a software problem but rather a hardware problem. My pre will go in and out of headset mode byitself constantly. For example, if I were to make a call the icon showing speaker or headset will change every second or so. I've also had it that it would when the slider is closed it is on speaker, but once the slider is open it goes into headset mode. So what I want to know is if anyone has replaced their headset jack before, how dificult it can be, and possibly a guide of how to do it. Thank you all in advance
    I don't know if this would help particularly in your situation as it's going in and out on a pretty frequent basis.

I had a similar situation that occurred nearly every time I inserted a pair of headphones or earbuds into the jack where after I'd unplug them, my Pre was stuck in headset mode. I was at work, and frustrated when it last happened. I had no q-tips there either. So what I did... I tore off a bit of paper towel and rolled it to approximately the width of the actual jack. Then dipped it in rubbing alcohol. After doing that, I stuck it in the jack, and rolled it around a bit, then slid it back and forth. I dipped the other side in rubbing alcohol and repeated the process. Haven't had a problem since. I doubted it would actually work, but it did. So hey, it's worth a try.

It sucks that the headphone jack is so sensitive, and it doesn't help that it's stuck open all the time. I work in a dusty environment, so it would do me well to keep it clean regularly. Give it a try...
  5.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I have tried almost every single thing that is posted in that thread and I used to have luck, but not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    If your handy with small tools you could try a headphone Jack Repair:
    Palm Pre headphone jack repair
    I am going to try that out tonight and see how it goes. Do you think it would be possible to get a new headset jack and replace it if the current one turns out to be broken?

Thank you all for your replaces
    A big part of the problem,at least to me, is dirt jamming the spring mechanism in the headset jack. I rarely use my headphones and carry my phone in a case on my belt,but dirt somehow continues to get in the headset opening. Compare the picture in my signature link and this picture I took today. You see the dirt on the cotton swab,pointed out by the red arrow. It was only a few weeks ago I previously cleaned the headset jack with WD-40. I have no connection to WD-40,but I use it to clean the headset jack;it "Frees Sticky Mechanisms," as the can's label says.