Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Bought a Pre Plus, used it for 2 months, and it now has an "Unresolveable Error" on it.

This minute long video on youtube explains my situation a little more.

Feel free to ask me any questions about this problem.

And just to clarify, I cannot send the phone back because as I had to unlock the phone so I could actually use it in Australia, it voided the warranty and Palm will charge me $200 dollars to fix. I thought I may aswell just buy a Pre 2 instead, but it would be handy to get the Pre Plus going again.

Thanks guys.
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    (Gavin right?)

Unlocking does not void your warranty.
    People have sent previously locked devices in for repair without any problem whatsoever.
    You just punched a network unlock code that worked. Nothing was written or altered at the phone side.

Only problem is Palm repair relocks the phone with a new code.

Nice video. I know how to fix this
    PalmUS Live Chat support seemed to think it did. They threw their hands up in the air and said "No! Something is wrong, it must be NextGenServer's fault, not ours". They were fine to accept the phone, under warranty, until I told them it was unlocked, then they mentioned the $200 price tag :S
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
  3.    #3  
    I feel a little stupid here, but I'm not familiar at all with creating meta-doctor firmwire etc. :S
  4.    #4  
    Funnily enough I'm not even old enough to drive yet. :P Is there anyone on the forum that can give me a hand with doing this?
  5.    #5  
    Yes I read that. I apologize if I've been a bit harsch on you in the past

Here's the link:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ation-etc.html

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Pls note you can always try Palm Support again. I wouldn't mention the unlock to avoid any ignorant reactions. Perhaps they already marked your file as "Homebrew/Do not trust/Experimental user".
    Haha nah thats okay, I probably do ask a little too many questions :P
    I'll work on getting my Pre 2 up and running, then once thats all sorted, I'll see if there is anything I can do to save the Pre Plus. If not, I can always use the Pre Plus's battery and back cover as a spare for the Pre 2
  6.    #6  
    yeah. thanks I'll keep that in mind.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam
    Did you get it resolved in the end?
    GuyFromNam, (for some reason I cannot send you PM's so I just have to hope that you find this...)

Since we last spoke, I've gone ahead and bought myself a Pre 2, with the very kind assistance of Rich Dunbar (pastorrich1) and he made sure it was activated and ready to work for me in Australia. Currently it is in transit, and I will receive it in a week or two.

Thankfully, I now don't have to stress over the Pre Plus as much, but my younger sister has her eyes on it, so I'm ready to have a go at repairing it.

Referring to a past message you sent, "Find an external way to charge your battery", I didn't have any clue how to do this, but maybe now that I have another Palm device I can use that?

And just to touch base, I follow all the steps on http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ation-etc.html till the phone works again?

Thanks so much,
    Gavin
  8.    #8  
    okay, and what does commenting out the modem update in the meta-doctor setup refer to? is that clear in the instructions?
  9.    #9  
    Downloading Linux now to begin the doctoring process as I got the Pre 2 today. I've begun charging the faulty Pre Plus' battery and so far I've got it up to 67%
  10.    #10  
    Yes, using my Pre 2 and its working. I've pushed it up to 81% so far.
  11.    #11  
    Okay GuyFromNam, I fully charged the Pre Plus' battery with my Pre 2, so thats good. I've also installed linux and got up to step 8 before I've run into an issue.
    Step 8 Reads as follows:
    git clone git://git.webos-internals.org/tools/meta-doctor.git
    mkdir ~/meta-doctor/downloads/
    cd ~/meta-doctor/downloads/

* Grab current WebOS Doctor version for your specific carrier ... WebOS Doctor Versions

wget -c palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p14r0d02252010/sr1ntp140rod/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar

* Rename the file accordingly [with proper model (p100eww or p100ueu), carrier, dash, and then proper version number], as seen at step 10 on the Meta-Doc Wiki or like so, with the 1.4.0 example...
    For some reason when I paste in:
    wget -c palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p14r0d02252010/sr1ntp140rod/webosdoctorp101ewwatt.jar
    I get Error 404 not found...
    root@gavin-desktop:~# wget -c palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p14r0d02252010/sr1ntp140rod/webosdoctorp101ewwatt.jar
    --2011-02-01 18:53:49-- http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p...p101ewwatt.jar
    Resolving palm.cdnetworks.net... 66.114.48.13, 66.114.48.52
    Connecting to palm.cdnetworks.net|66.114.48.13|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
    2011-02-01 18:53:49 ERROR 404: Not Found.
    Any ideas, I progressed through the Previous seven steps pretty quickly and efficiently, its quite frustrating to run into a brick wall now.
  12.    #12  
    For the record I do have an AT&T Pre Plus, and I have already downloaded the corresponding (At&t Pre Plus 1.4.2).jar, but I must have got something in the command line wrong because it isn't working.

Sorry I posted here, I can't PM you anymore so I just added to this running conversation.
  13.    #13  
    I thought I had to get version 1.4.2 cause that was the last version of webos I had on the device. So you want me to download from the second link you provided, 1.4.5?
  14.    #14  
    okay. You lost me. I think you may have misunderstood me, however I'll have a shot with your links and see if that makes a difference.
  15.    #15  
    GuyFromNam,

pastorrich1 (Rich Dunbar) helped me out with doctoring, activating and palm profile on the Pre Plus, and I'm happy to say the phone is now running as it should

Thanks for helping me out.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  16.    #16  
    No I didn't. Rich suggested to try a standard doctor first, and if that didn't work, go onto write a meta doctor. The standard doctor did the job fine...thankfully.

17.    #17  
    Okay, so you reckon it will be fine from now on?? I was actually surprised it worked, if I had've tried a standard metadoctor sooner I wouldnt've been able to get a Pre 2 :P

18.    #18  
    Lets hope it doesn't happen again, but if it does I'm sure you'll be my best bet for working out what is wrong. Thanks GuyFromNam.

Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    ah geez, 'phone offline' error... that's how my Pre died.

I'm not getting another one until it's available IN australia, and I can take it to a brick and mortar store under warranty.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Nah, I'm getting an iPhone.
    serious?!
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast