Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    is there any way to turn the sprint pre on and off without the power button? I'm in a panic...i don't want to go to android and I was trying to hold off til the new hpalm phones ...any ideas?
    Mine also stopped working and I just slide the Pre open, or if it's already open, just press the center button to turn the screen on. Now if the device is completely powered off, it's more annoying but plugging it in also works.
    There are a few fixes posted. Gently prying out the button and properly placing a piece of rubber band or eraser under it are the most common. I could never get the rubber band trick to work right, so I ended up using a tiny piece of eraser.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  5. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Verwon's exactly right. Mine broke a few months back and I fixed it with a piece of folded up paper.
  6.    #6  
    thanks all...i was away from home and couldnt search
    mine broke about 6 months ago and i freaked out too when my battery died. I had to press extremely hard for a long time for it to register the click and it finally came on. an ink pen my help cause there's like a hole on the button if i remember correctly. I've never tried any of the fixes.
    duct tape. 2 rolls. cardboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    mine broke about 6 months ago and i freaked out too when my battery died. I had to press extremely hard for a long time for it to register the click and it finally came on. an ink pen my help cause there's like a hole on the button if i remember correctly. I've never tried any of the fixes.
    It's very easy, though it may take a few tries to get the right size of whatever fix-it medium you use.
    i may try it someday. i think i was scared i'd make it worse then it is already.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    If it is under warranty, Sprint won't fix it but Palm will.
    use ScreenOff app to turn off phone by tapping screen
    I brought in my phone to a Sprint store and they just readjusted the metal piece under the power button. they said that it being in the corner like it is causes it to flatten out often.

To restart your Palm Pre with out using the Power button you can:

Go to Device Info
    Scroll down, tap Reset Options then
    Restart

Hope this helps!
    mine's way way way off warranty and honestly the power is one of the lesser things broken on it.
    mine's way way way off warranty and honestly the power is one of the lesser things broken on it.
    LOL! I bought mine used and never had a warranty.

After its bath, I probably should have used my insurance, but it works fine, so who cares. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    LOL! I bought mine used and never had a warranty.

After its bath, I probably should have used my insurance, but it works fine, so who cares. LOL
    Bath? What happended? on my old phone, a samsung feature phone, i had it in my hand when i was, well we'll just say a bit drunk. I was going to take a leak and decided it was stupid to try and pee and hold my phone. I'll be smart i thought and put it in my pocket so i don't drop the phone in the toilet. But the phone got caught on my pocket opening, squirted out of my hand and into the toilet. Luckily i hadn't started yet. I reached my hand in the toilet and snatched that thing out so quick. amazingly, that darn phone worked perfectly fine for another two years.

Don't drink and Pee.
    Bath? What happended? on my old phone, a samsung feature phone, i had it in my hand when i was, well we'll just say a bit drunk. I was going to take a leak and decided it was stupid to try and pee and hold my phone. I'll be smart i thought and put it in my pocket so i don't drop the phone in the toilet. But the phone got caught on my pocket opening, squirted out of my hand and into the toilet. Luckily i hadn't started yet. I reached my hand in the toilet and snatched that thing out so quick. amazingly, that darn phone worked perfectly fine for another two years.

Don't drink and Pee.
    Actually, for me, the docs had me on too many meds, at too high of a dose. I was sick, but didn't know what was causing it. I was relaxing in the tub one night and grabbed my phone to check a notification, when I leaned back, I got really dizzy and it slipped out of my hand and into the hot, bubbly tub.

Turns out they had me so dehydrated, I almost ended up in the ER, again and my blood pressure was severely dropping.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Turns out they had me so dehydrated, I almost ended up in the ER, again and my blood pressure was severely dropping.
    wow. that stinks.
    wow. that stinks.
    Yeah, it really sucked!!!
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    My power button broke on wednesday. I was also havign the "headphone/speaker issue" again AND i had a huge crack coming from the charging port. I took it to sprint yesterday (not under warranty) and they gave me a new one! I dont know why? Its great! im so glad to have a new phone with no problems!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast