1.    #1  
    I have had my new palm pre for just over a month. got up this morning and went to use my phone and the touch screen wouldn't work. That is when I noticed at the bottom just above the back gesture about five cracks. I brought it back to the bell store and they told me there was nothing that they could do. I was wonder if this has happened to anyone else and if the should be obligated to replace it or not. The phone was never dropped and nothing was ever dropped on it. The only thing I can think of was the night before my daughter was climbing on my lap where I keep my phone in my pocket and somehow that caused the crackes. Please someone give me some good news!!!!
    call your carrier and request a warranty replacement.
  3.    #3  
    I alredy took the phone to the bell store and they said because I didn't buy the $7 coverage that there was nothing the could do.
    it has a warranty. Unless there are signs of misuse or impact, they owe you a phone. If they refuse, I'd switch carriers.

you can also call palm, but only if the carrier refuses. Instead of going to the store, try calling the carrier.