1.    #1  
    Does anyone have a palm pre unlocked for T Mobile(U.S)? I plan on getting a pre plus from AT&T and plan to unlock and have it running on T Mobile. I have the unlock solution provided through "Nextgen Server". Since I plan on getting a brand new pre plus getting through the activation screen will be difficult, does anyone have any recommendations on what I can do for this?

If anyone has used Nextgen as an unlock solution do you recommend anything in advance? Is there a simpler solution for this?
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Set up your profile on AT&T first (borrow a friend who's on AT&T's SIM card to do this, or get a prepaid SIM), just to make sure you get App Catalog access.
    Then, unlock your phone.
    But don't expect 3G internet speeds on it - the Pre will only get EDGE (2G) on T-Mobile USA.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, does it have to be an active At&T sim card? Or can any At&T simp car do?
    Just buy the Pre 2 from HP. It comes unlocked and can be used for Tmobile. The only thing will be that you will not get 3G, only edge.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flash23 View Post
    Thanks, does it have to be an active At&T sim card? Or can any At&T simp car do?
    The SIM has to be active.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    Set up your profile on AT&T first (borrow a friend who's on AT&T's SIM card to do this, or get a prepaid SIM), just to make sure you get App Catalog access.
    Then, unlock your phone.
    But don't expect 3G internet speeds on it - the Pre will only get EDGE (2G) on T-Mobile USA.
    There is absolutely no need for an AT&T SIM with an unlocked phone bought in the US directly from HP. All you have to do is pop in the T-Mobile SIM and create your profile and you shall have full access to the US App store. Ofcourse, as already mentioned the data with T-Mobile will be EDGE/GPRS only and therefore no 3G.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 12/08/2010 at 04:35 AM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure he didn't say a Pre 2.

Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    I'm pretty sure he didn't say a Pre 2.
    It does not matter whether it is a Pre, Pre+ or a Pre 2. It applies for all GSM unlocked phones.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by flash23 View Post
    Does anyone have a palm pre unlocked for T Mobile(U.S)? I plan on getting a pre plus from AT&T and plan to unlock and have it running on T Mobile. I have the unlock solution provided through "Nextgen Server". Since I plan on getting a brand new pre plus getting through the activation screen will be difficult, does anyone have any recommendations on what I can do for this?

If anyone has used Nextgen as an unlock solution do you recommend anything in advance? Is there a simpler solution for this?
    That'd be me. I used the Nextgen solution to unlock my activated on AT&T Pre Plus, then plugged in a cheap T-Mobile SIM card to see what their coverage was like here in CheeseLand. It worked fine, when I was in an area with a decent signal.

Then I threatened to eat the cancellation fee & jump ship. AT&T then gave me an unlock code (this after hours of wrangling, constant lies from AT&T, citations of the California lawsuit settlement). I told 'em they were a dollar short and a day late. As soon as T-Mobile's coverage improves, I'm gone.