Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By marclh1992
  1.    #1  
    hey guys, I'm loving my Pre Plus, but I don't like how dim the led is. Is there a patch to increase the brightness of it? It just seems very dim.

also, I notice that when I hold my finger in the gesture area, the led pulsates between the normal brightness level and and a brighter level. Is this normal? And if it is, I think the brighter level that it exerts would be optimal. Just a thought. Sorry if this has been previously discussed.
    There is a setting in your phone to adjust the brightness level. On the main wallpaper, just click the upper right hand corner for the drop down menu.

Or is that only there with a patch? I don't remember, because I can't stand to run a stock Pre.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  3.    #3  
    haha no that's only with a patch,which I have installed. But I was wondering if there was a way to adjust it independently of the screen brightness. Maybe this will be possible in 2.0?
    Bah! I need more coffee, today! I was totally thinking screen brightness, sorry!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I just upgraded to a Sprint Pre Plus and am getting used to the LED light & no button.

Is there a way to make just the LED light brighter? Its cool, just TOO DARK!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Anyone know if there a way to make just the LED light brighter?

There is a work around. Using the drop down menu brightness patch you can put it maximum brightness with a card open (or desired brightness) minimize the card into card view and put put the brightness back to what you had it at originally using the same drop down menu.

The LED will stay at the bright setting and the screen will go to a dim one. I do this all the time on my Pre 2.

I would like this to be turned into a patch like the keyboard brightness was though.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    mayank likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by marclh1992 View Post
    There is a work around...

I would like this to be turned into a patch like the keyboard brightness was though.
    I tried this but the LED brightness reduces again. I'm using Sconix's Advanced Services patches though so I'm not sure that'll make a difference.

I would love to have a patch to adjust LED brightness as well.

it's funny because the Pre2 is way too bright (to me) and someone created a patch to shut it completely off.

Have you tried using a keyboard brightness patch? It's possible that the LED brightness could be linked to keyboard brightness, although I think it's actually connected to LCD brightness. I don't have my Pre+ handy so I can't compare it to my Pre2. I thought the Pre+ was about the right brightness, but I didn't start with a minus with the glowing button.

Maybe you can check the keyboard brightness patches, and even the "brightness unlinked" patch (not my favorite) to see if you can influence the brightness with any of them...
    No patches change the LED bar brightness at this point. (at least as far as I have seen...)
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    what about patches that change LCD brightness? does the screen brightness have any effect on the gesture light?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    what about patches that change LCD brightness? does the screen brightness have any effect on the gesture light?
    The LED brightness is tied to the screen brightness.

I like keeping my screen darker but would light to turn up just the LED light.

Quote Originally Posted by capt4chris View Post
    The LED brightness is tied to the screen brightness.

I like keeping my screen darker but would light to turn up just the LED light.

I agree, on the lowest brightness (one) the LED bar is not visible.
    Hopefully someone will create a patch to address the gesture light brightness. Any volunteers? Until then, you should grab a Pre2 and do a FrankenPre. People are wild about it after they do it...

But seriously, now I'm wondering if this is a function of webOS or the hardware. DOes anyone have 2.1 running on a Pre+ that can tell us if the brightness is different than it was on 1.4.x?
    Quote Originally Posted by marclh1992 View Post
    There is a work around. Using the drop down menu brightness patch you can put it maximum brightness with a card open (or desired brightness) minimize the card into card view and put put the brightness back to what you had it at originally using the same drop down menu.

The LED will stay at the bright setting and the screen will go to a dim one. I do this all the time on my Pre 2.

I was searching for this one for a long time and finally found it, using webos 2.1 on Pre Plus. Though the workaround is way far from logic maybe just to me, but wow it works atleast !!!

Thank You, and yea even i would be glad to find a patch for adjusting the screen, keyboard, light-bar brightness individually. And now that webos is getting opensource, maybe this would become a simplified thing.
    unlinking the LCD & light bar brightness would be a nice thing to have
    semi-bump
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive