1.    #1  
    My Pre's is my personal primary phone. I still use my old Centro for my work professional phone, it also acts as a spare when Pre's battery craps out.
    The unique things the Pre does: synergy, cards, slide out keypad are neat.
    There's so much my PRE does my Centro did, but the Pre does so much better, namely all the web based functions and back up system.
    There's so much my Centro does my Pre does, but the Centro does so much better. All the on-board OS5 applications. Those older OS5 aps were not as pretty to look at, but they were much more functional and snappier. The Centro is a much more responsive system I assume because it's using on-board memory instead of server based programs.
    Why can't more of the Pre's application resources be less server reliant.

And here's and of the wall question. Back when I still had my zire I had a stupid little 50 contact sanyo phone that I could hold a key and speak a name for voice dialing, and have the phone say that persons name as a ringer when they called "you have a call from ???".
    Why can't a cheap 7 year old phone function by done by a state of the art webphone?
    1998-Pilot, 2003-Zire, 2008-Centro, 2010-Pre...?
    wat
    OP,

I agree I miss the Palm Os sync. I really need tasks to sync between my phone and outlook. I don't care for the google calendar. It's way too basic. I prefer the outlook tasks in the week view to the google tasks.
    Are you sure the centro was snappier? I don't specifically remember that.

Jamie
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    No the Centro(my wife had_Pixie now) and the Treo 700p(i had_Pre now) were much more snappier. You press calendar or email and in less than a second it opened.
    I agree that there is much about the centro that is missing on the pre.
    use your centro battery as a spare battery for the pre, load classic to access palm OS on the pre, overclock to 1 ghz, and say goodbye to the centro forever.

oh, and don't upgrade to webOS 2.0 unless you absolutely need palm OS, as classic will not be compatible with the new OS version. Some people are trying a workaround to this, not sure how far along they are.
    There is no reason a phone as great as the Pre and an OS as great as HP webOS shouldn't have voice dialing. I'm hoping that sometime in 2011 that we get that. It would be great.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Centro + Pre . . Isn't that how they came up with the Pixi?
    I wish I could mate....oops! Wrong forum! Nevermind!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  10.    #10  
    Motion Aps classic has been removed last time I checked.
    1998-Pilot, 2003-Zire, 2008-Centro, 2010-Pre...?
    I just wish the Pre could do the Ingnore with message option on the phone app the way the old Treo 755p did.

If I'm on a call it would be nice to bounce a text message to the person that I saw their call, but am on a call and will call them back. Otherwise they keep calling you over and over every few minutes.

Can someone writa an App for this. PLEASE..........
    Quote Originally Posted by wizard83 View Post
    I just wish the Pre could do the Ingnore with message option on the phone app the way the old Treo 755p did.

If I'm on a call it would be nice to bounce a text message to the person that I saw their call, but am on a call and will call them back. Otherwise they keep calling you over and over every few minutes.

Can someone writa an App for this. PLEASE..........
    Yeah, I liked that function. Except that sometimes when I wasn't careful I would end up sending text messages to land lines.

You can (as of 1.4.5) now tap the persons picture on the call history and hit SMS next to the number, which will get you to a text message field pretty quickly. It's almost as good.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer