1.    #1  
    I just ran into this problem and am wondering if anyone knows whats going on.

I just added a contacts phone number, linked it with facebook. and when i go to the contact and hit the sms bubble nothing happens, on any other contact it goes in the messaging app.

in the messaging app, i'll type the name, and then type a message to send but when i send it it disappears from the screen. when i swipe out the name doesn't even show in the list.

my question is if theres a way around it. I've tried unlinking with fb and deleting the contact all together. its only this one contact, and for some reason i can't recieve text from the contact either. is there a way someone could block sending and recieving messages to certain contacts?
    You shouldn't just randomly pull the battery, it can cause damage. Even Palm warns about it.

Rebooting the phone, via the proper methods is always the best option.

http://forums.precentral.net/off-top...tery-pull.html

I also highly doubt it will do anything for this issue.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    You shouldn't just randomly pull the battery, it can cause damage. Even Palm warns about it.

Rebooting the phone, via the proper methods is always the best option.

http://forums.precentral.net/off-top...tery-pull.html
    Thank you! I'm tired of seeing bad advice being offered. If you're going to suggest a batt pull, at least include a warning about possible damage. Also, be more clear with your instructions... Don't just say "Pull the battery". An average person would assume that meant yanking it out before turning the phone off first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Thank you! I'm tired of seeing bad advice being offered. If you're going to suggest a batt pull, at least include a warning about possible damage. Also, be more clear with your instructions... Don't just say "Pull the battery". An average person would assume that meant yanking it out before turning the phone off first.
    Very welcome! Why risk causing someone to damage their phone? I'd be very upset if that happened to me.

Just yanking the battery is a bad idea for any electronic equipment.

The Pre also provides other reboot options, such as orange/grey+symbol+r, that are just as easy.
    Anyway.. OP, I've heard of this issue before. I don't remember if there was a solution or not, but I can look around the forums a bit to see if I can find any helpful info.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    The practical usually show more results than the actual theory. Please just let the OP try either one of the trouble-shooting suggestions, and then report back.

Thank you.
    Because, I don't want to see someone screw their phone up, even further, from damaging it, by just randomly yanking the battery!
    One thing I do know of that has caused this problem was when a contact was incorrectly linked, by the Pre, during syncing. So, you'll also want to double check that.
    @rush

there is no value to removing the battery that isn't also achieved by powering down the phone or doing a full restart. the only reason to remove the battery is to swap it for another one. just sayin
  9.    #9  
    I had already tried a restart, didn't make any difference.

thanks for all the info though. I'll look through the forums as well. I've seen about text threads not deleting properly but nothing like this problem.

I'll try the re sync option though.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    it happened to me like 2 weeks ago it all stared when i texted a number with out saving it just went trought calllog and send a an sms from there , it was all fine untill i saved the number as contact then i wasnt able to text or get text from that person , i tried everything but nothing helped i even made a hard reset , so i downloaded the webos doctor and then all fixed , hope that can help some how
    Sometimes, there are problems when you save the number from the call log, though I'm not sure why.
  12.    #12  
    thats exactly what happened to me. is the webos doctor a hard process to go through?
    Quote Originally Posted by canitrepeat View Post
    thats exactly what happened to me. is the webos doctor a hard process to go through?
    The doctor completely resets the OS to factory condition. However, it doesn't touch the USB drive. You do lose all patches and stuff and will have to reinstall them and Preware to do so.

Apps from the catalog are backed up and restored with your Palm Profile.
  14.    #14  
    thanks for all the help. i'll try that tonight.
    Welcome! To back up more stuff, you can export the Preware saved packages list to your PC, with WebOS QI.

There is also Save/Restore and the Pre Backup Utility, both available in Preware, that will backup more of your stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    @rush

there is no value to removing the battery that isn't also achieved by powering down the phone or doing a full restart. the only reason to remove the battery is to swap it for another one. just sayin
    Although you definitely want to power down (if possible) before pulling the battery, it's not true that there is "no value" to a battery pull. I've seen several problems fixed with a battery pull that could not be fixed with a power down. Things like "stuck" radios and other hardware related issues, and a memory scan issue with the music player once. A power down does not actually do a full reset of the hardware ... a battery pull does.
    Not sure if you got your problem fixed. I had this problem with one contact and HardBeatZ from Palm support said this...

Remove the contact from your Palm Profile contacts and any other places you have them in your phone.

Manually do a Palm Profile back up.

Do a Partial Erase (App and Data Erase) from the Device Info, Reset Options. This will force a Profile Reload.

Log back in to your profile and once everyrthing is synced back up, add the contact back into your contacts, test the SMS, then link the contact back with any other places you have them.

That's it. It worked for me.

NOTE: Palm has a "Six ways to get your WebOS phone working again" and step 5 is to remove the battery, however it is not to be removed until after you shut the phone down. See the link below...

Palm Support : 6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again

It has the warning right at the top and it is step 5 of the six. Step 6 is Dr'ing.

We just need to make sure we are giving good sound advice when we give it and provide documentation where possible.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    HERE is how you get the problem.

Here is how you fix it.
    This bug and its solution should be stickied somewhere if it isn't already, it is pretty common.
    Maybe try deleting the phone number, saving it (exiting) and then going back in and re-entering the phone number, then maybe syncing it again.