Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Don't get me wrong, I really dig this lil guy. But, unless somehow it's just me, this is one of the buggiest electronic devices I've ever worked with. That includes all kitchen appliances and all Microsoft software.

For example, my video upload to youtube just encountered an error. The pre asked if I should retry or cancel. So I chose cancel. But the error message didn't go away, and still hasn't, after 5 minutes.

Another one: I have a daily todo. Its an "appointment" that goes off at 11am. I can't seem to cancel that either. I press "Dismiss" and it comes back anyway.

And don't get me started on the typing. About 1 out of every 15 characters I press doesn't make it as input. Same with the touchscreen dialpad for the phone app.

I'm going to post more as they come up.

Cheers, ~ari

NB: Why am I writing this? Several reasons. I'd like to keep track of things. Also, maybe someone has an idea why things are so screwy. Lastly, if there's some poweruser-type-person looking for a phone and can't deal with bugs, let this help them make their decision - although, again, I really dig this lil guy, in spite of all it's problems.
    well make sure you dont have the all day event turned on on the calender or appointment entry lol . i dont do you tube so i have no clue
    the phone dialer is a tad slow , i just slow down a touch , it show be fixed in the update but we'll see . the keyboard is just fine for me , i tend to hit the wrong buttons once in a while but thats it . maybe your not hitting, or depressing ,them hard enough. idk ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    If it were me, I'd be resetting or Doctoring.
    youtube issues are probably from the carrier or youtube. lots of moving parts between your phone and their servers. I have noticed that youtube uploads are much more reliable over wifi, which lends credibility to that theory.
  5.    #5  
    Got another one: it sometimes gets stuck in date mode where I can't swipe from right to left (to go back or forward a day). It's just stuck on one particular day and I have to go have a latte or something until its unstuck.

Oh, I wouldn't mind if some folks from HP took a look at this. A little bit of service goes a loooooong way.
  6.    #6  
    Ooo, I'm intrigued. Whats "doctoring"?
  7.    #7  
    Oh I thought that. I've coded (and taught kids) long enough to first think that it might be me. It's not. In fact, the typing acts stuck. Like nothing shows up and then all of a sudden a bunch of letters shows up.
  8.    #8  
    I agree. What I did was shut the wifi off and then turn it back on. That got the youtube video to post.

Bring me to another point - error messages. "There was a problem uploading" is just not too helpful, especially when you (and maybe a verizon representative) are trying to debug something complex.
  9.    #9  
    Oh yeah. No other device comes close, imho.
    Quote Originally Posted by arigold View Post
    It's using the WebOS Doctor to restore your phone to factory default software. It can fix many bugs and glitches.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
  12.    #12  
    Thanks.. Hmm.. So if I have installed some Homebrew patches then I should make a list of 'em and then use the WebOS Doctor?

Incidentally, I realize that using Homebrew patches might compromise the integrity of the OS (etc etc) but I haven't used anything crazy (no overclocking). Still I wonder if things would work perfect if it was restored to default.
    Thanks.. Hmm.. So if I have installed some Homebrew patches then I should make a list of 'em and then use the WebOS Doctor?

Incidentally, I realize that using Homebrew patches might compromise the integrity of the OS (etc etc) but I haven't used anything crazy (no overclocking). Still I wonder if things would work perfect if it was restored to default.
    Overclocking isn't crazy, at all, especially if you stick with the stable kernels.

Make sure to update your saved packages list in Preware, then you can backup a copy of that, before doctoring.

You should also use Save/Restore and the Pre Backup Utility, from Preware.
  14.    #14  
    So I see an "installed packages" list but I don't see a "saved packages" list. Pardon my ignorance - are they the same things?

Also, from my reading of the two, don't Save/Restore and the Pre Backup Utility do the same thing?

Thanks a bunch..
    Yep buggiest hardware and software combo I have ever used... ok Windows Millennium on my Gateway takes the cake but you knaw.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    the pre plus is no buggier than any other device I have used.

period.
    Oh I thought that. I've coded (and taught kids) long enough to first think that it might be me. It's not. In fact, the typing acts stuck. Like nothing shows up and then all of a sudden a bunch of letters shows up.
    if this is the case you should take the phone back and see about a replacement.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    So I see an "installed packages" list but I don't see a "saved packages" list. Pardon my ignorance - are they the same things?

Also, from my reading of the two, don't Save/Restore and the Pre Backup Utility do the same thing?

Thanks a bunch..
    There should be a Saved Package List, it will only show up, however, after Preware fully loads.

And no, they both back up different stuff.
    Oops! I'd better clarify, before I forget. To find the saved packages list in Preware. When the app is open, tap the upper left corner to access a dropdown menu!
    alzo, once you have updated your saved package list run save restore and save all the info, then copy the save restore folder to your computer (put pre in usb mode)just in case, good luck
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast