Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yes, that's recovery mode, which is only needed if you can't run the Doctor in the normal way.

For instance, my phone got stuck in a boot loop, so I had to do it that way, since it wasn't possible any other way.

However, if your phone is operating normally, then there is no need for it.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Rush, those may be the steps you use to Doctor a phone, but what everyone is trying to say is that Recovery Mode is NOT a required step to Doctor a phone. It is ONLY an alternate step if the process stops and hangs.. or on the rare occasion where the system doesn't see the phone attached. That's it.

The point is that it isn't a required step and telling people that it is does nothing but confuse others.
    7 hours of needless discussion, and what's worse: completely OFF topic.
    geez, the OP had his problem solved MANY posts ago. We've established that one CAN use recovery mode but that it isn't REQUIRED unless there is a problem. Why are we still arguing about this?
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    This isn't off topic - and you were the one who started it. Read the topic.
    RUSH, OP thanked one post. Read.
    Rest if off topic and quite frankly I answered your question which started all this.

So off topic and you got your bit of slander to throw around.
    Slander - Interesting words. Lol.

I'm done.
    Whoohoo surprise (not)
    I'm not confusing anyone... If anything most comments here is confusing me. Since I've had my palm pre I've been following those procedure and so as many as well. If many members would chime in they would say the same thing too.
    Well, since you asked...I'll chime in. I've doctored my phone and did not need to put it in recovery mode to do it.
    ..I'm not wrong on this, because that is what I have read on palm website. I'm not saying there isn't other ways of doing a webos doctor... But I'm going with what have been written by palm.

So, if any confusing it would be cause by palm not me.
    Actually Rush, you are incorrect on this. What the Palm website says it to run the Doctor and plug your phone in. "If a message appears indicating that webOS Doctor was unable to reset the device" to then try again by disconnecting and reconnecting the cable and THEN try using the Recovery Mode method.

Palm Support : Troubleshooting webOS Doctor
    Rush, insisting your way is the correct way is not how the world works.

As has been posted many times, recovery mode isn't need to run the Doctor, it's just a plain and simple fact.
    does he get a special PM if this nonsense gets too 100 posts?

enough!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Rush, insisting your way is the correct way is not how the world works.

As has been posted many times, recovery mode isn't need to run the Doctor, it's just a plain and simple fact.
    I vaguely remember reading that somewhere.
    Oh wait it was me! EIGHT hours ago...
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I vaguely remember reading that somewhere.
    Oh wait it was me! EIGHT hours ago...
    LOL! Kind of like Summer repeats on Network television.
    I kindly and respectfully request this thread to be closed.
    Let's not kick people while they're down, even though it can be a bit humorous.
    Agreed...

<closed>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12