1.    #1  
    Is sprint out of palm pres yet? Anyone recently go to a store to swap and not get a refurbished unit? my phone has been giving me trouble but I don't think I want a refurb unit.
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    My Sprint store still has the Pre on display. Rep said he sold a couple the other day. I recently had some space bar troubles and went in for a refurb. Feels like a brand new phone so I don't think you have much to worry about.

- Phil -
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I have had some trouble with refurb items in the past. One instance is my laptop. Pretty bad condition for expecting a quality refurb. But Ill probably take your word on that. If its not perfect, I will not lose sleep.

Anyway, Any way of getting a new palm pre, or in fact a pre plus through them? Does it just depend who I talk with?
    I've switched out my Pre multiple times and have never (as far as I know) gotten a new unit as a replacement. But of all the refurb'd ones I've gotten only once have I gotten one with a serious problem that was clearly noticeable and they gave me another one right away.

Seeing as they've been EOL for a while now, it's unlikely you'll get a new unit even if you pay full price for it, unless that particular Sprint store had a massive amount of Pres in stock. And you won't be able to get a Pre+ from Sprint anytime soon, although there exist somewhat complicated ways of obtaining one and getting it to work on the Sprint network...
    exchanged out 1 this week because of the dreaded USB crack but the refurb was worse off...space bar didn't work, wifi wouldn't connect, battery would lose charge while plugged in, battery went from 48% to 0%, keyboard didn't fully light up... so getting another refurb this week and will cross my fingers...very much a PITA.

Told the sprint girl that this phone is like an abusive relationship...I just can't get out
    Last edited by lenmac08; 11/26/2010 at 03:27 PM.
    went in on tuesday (power button screwed up) at noon walked out at 1230 with a promise of getting one sent to my house refurb came to my house on wednesday works fine already patched and themed again
    they will have plenty of refurb phones available long after they are out of new ones to sell. they know how many they have on their network, how many have insurance, and when renewal dates are up.

they will be able to support/repair/replace the Pre minus for at least a year after EOL.
    my sister went Tuesday t swap hers and they gave her a new one IN BOX, that they had to order! I swore at her a lot...
    is your sister hot? lol jk dang I only got a refurb
    My local store has a pathetic display. But they are out of replacements Pres. I recently brought mine in for repair and they had to ship me one. I asked and he said they were out.
  11.    #11  
    Thank you for the replies. I will go to the store asap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    my sister went Tuesday t swap hers and they gave her a new one IN BOX, that they had to order! I swore at her a lot...
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonmale04 View Post
    Hmmmm...it may be time to go to my Sprint store!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  13.    #13  
    inb4 kozanatos gets refurb

//edit
    inb4 verwon gets a refurb - change your avatar already
    Last edited by kozanatos; 11/27/2010 at 02:03 AM.
    I just had my Pre swapped out on Wednesday (by the way, it's the best Pre I have had since my original; love it).

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    I used up my upgrade to get a new one last month...
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonmale04 View Post
    Haha! Hotter than I am as far as 99 out of 100 Sprint reps are concerned...

Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Hmmmm...it may be time to go to my Sprint store!
    I'm sure you wouldn't have any problem. **Winky face**
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    my pre has the same spacevar problem and they cleaned the keyboard and the problem is the same.

I jst nvested in 2 touchstones and a case lol.