1.    #1  
    Using a Sprint Palm Pre without Sprint service, so I cannot access the Palm App Catalog. For whatever reason, Pandora is not loaded in the standard apps with 1.4.5 install.

But I still want it so I can play music on my old phone when within WiFi range. I have Internalz installed, so all I need is the ipk file. But I can't find it with standard searches here and elsewhere.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
  2.    #2  
    um, well .... nevermind.

Found one after posting this. ;-)

Also uncovered some additional suggestions, which included downloading the ipk file from my fully-functional Palm Pre Plus and then installing it using WebOS QuickInstall, or the like.
    Last edited by jbg7474; 11/26/2010 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Deleted link to copyrighted code
    Pandora is available from the app catalog, it doesn't come pre-installed.
    If you have wi-fi, you should be able to create/sign in to a profile and have app catalog access. You don't need a phone data connection to do this. If you do this and don't have complete app catalog access (ie paid apps), use preware, and add the palm app catalog feed. It slows down preware load time, but you will be able to access paid and free apps that are available to your country. They will be listed in preware, and when you click on install it will send you to the palm app catalog page for that app.
    But if you are outside USA it'll bark about not having service :P

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Even though its a free app in the catalog I dont think its legal to redistribute ipks here.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

7.    #7  
    Just to clarify for everyone, my old Pre cannot access the App Catalog because I no longer have Sprint service, and am not inclined to jump through the Meta Doctor process.

Versions of the ipk do exist in the internet if you refine your search well enough.
    You still should not need sprint (or any phone service) to access the app catalog. It is fully accessible via wi-fi. If you have doctored, that is another story. You have to get by the first use screen to use the device in any way. There are only three ways to do that - phone network access, meta-doctor and bypass first use app, or palm's way of activating a developer device without phone network access.

If you are using a device that was activated, and have simply discontinued phone service (and have not doctored/reset), then the device will still function, and you should still have app catalog access. It is not dependent on phone service once the device is activated.

If you have used your profile on another device, then that will hold you up - a profile can only be active on one device at a time. You can use preware and install the show first use app patch and try creating another profile.

There are always ways to find anything on the internet. The above post is correct, the ipks are copyrighted, and are not for redistribution. Of course, you can always use internalz, copy the directory containing the app from your other device, use ipk packager to repackage it, and it becomes installable like any other ipk. Probably not very legal either.
    Quote Originally Posted by dhkeller View Post
    um, well .... nevermind.

Found one after posting this. ;-)

Also uncovered some additional suggestions, which included downloading the ipk file from my fully-functional Palm Pre Plus and then installing it using WebOS QuickInstall, or the like.
    Thanks, but where'd you find it? FileCoaster catalog won't open, and my searches for ipk files on the web take me to shady sites with broken English wanting money.

I killed my Sprint service long ago, so I have no working Palm App Catalog on my device.

Thanks again.
    <<Thread closed>>
    Folks,
    We can't allow discussions about redistributing copyrighted software.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer