Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    okay well usually i talk on the phone for alot. and recently ive been sleeping on the phone sometimes. and me and her never hangs up the phone and we have good signal and all. but everytime we wake up were not on the phone. ive looked and my phone always discconects the call after 3 hours and 55 minitues. idk why but thats why theres this thread. haha so any ideas how i can fix this?? thanks(:
    I've seen this issue on other forums and I believe it's a network limitation. I think all networks terminate calls after a certain period of time to save bandwidth.
  3.    #3  
    ohh really? is there any way to fix it??
    If I'm wrong and this is behavior that can be modified at a phone level, then probably a patch or something could be written.

If I'm right, and it's a network "feature," then no ... You're SOL unless carriers lighten up.
    You are correct, it is a network feature. It was originally put in place to avoid someone falling asleep, losing their phone while connected, or whatever, so they wouldn't accidentally chew up all their minutes or run up huge bills.

To the OP, young love/crush and all that, but just hang up the phone, sleep and call back in the morning. I promise it won't harm either one of you!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    We need more threads like yours (thanks verwon).

Just request a patch here to auto-dial your last number when your call disconnects.
    "She" would need to auto-answer within 1 second, and you'd be separated for a few seconds at the most!
    Always welcome, GFN!
    Most networks disconnect after an hour or so .. what network are you on?
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    Most networks disconnect after an hour or so .. what network are you on?
    I'm on Sprint and mine have never disconnected that fast, even when it was my ex rambling and I really wished it would. It would disconnect at 3:55 total time, like clockwork.

So glad those days are over. No wonder I hate to talk on the phone, now!
    With AT&T I used to see it get disconnected around an hour mark. I am not sure if it was ATT or my friend's network (she is not in US). I haven't talked to her (for that long) in a while so haven't really tested it with Sprint.
    Awwww how cute. You dont hang up the phone so you can just talk when you wake up. If i brought that idea up with my GF, she would simply stay quite so i can get annoyed and hang up lol. Then again, all my convos are about 10mins. Highest 30mins. But yeah, like the said. There's nothing we can do about it. Blame your carrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by herman8018 View Post
    okay well usually i talk on the phone for alot. and recently ive been sleeping on the phone sometimes. and me and her never hangs up the phone

any ideas how i can fix this??
    [QUOTE=Trekker;2775139][IMG]

LMAO......ROTF!!!!!

But honestly.....it does this (hanging up) for your own good as one other poster said. Sounds like you're not paying the bill so minutes don't matter to you. Can you imagine how fast you will be over your minutes if you didn't hang up with your GF! And then try explaining that to your carrier......'ummm but I was sleep most of those minuutes....that shouldn't count'. There answer ' sorry Charlie....pay up'.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=Trekker;2775139][IMG]

wow you do realise this is a kid right? Or at least it would seem to be. I know I haven't fell asleep on the phone since I was in 8th grade. Just saying however funny, it still just might be inappropriate.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    No wonder I hate to talk on the phone, now!
    Different situation, but I am known for not answering my phone......... thats why I need a physical keyboard. I will talk to the wife..... everyone else catches VM most days.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    OMG... you mean all I have to do is have my gf use her cell phone to talk to me and it will automatically disconnect her for me after 4 hours?? I'd PAY for that app! (jk)
    Wow, I'd definately have a muscle ache, a fried brain and a bleeding ear after 4 hours...
    Do you keep it on the touchstone during the night for it not to drain the battery?
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    What on earth are you going on about?
    I've no idea what you're babbling about!
    To the OP:

do you wonder if the sleeping on your phone might be generating enough close-up radiation to fry an egg? just sayin'

also, wouldn't this be better over skype?
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Different situation, but I am known for not answering my phone......... thats why I need a physical keyboard. I will talk to the wife..... everyone else catches VM most days.
    I'll answer for my son and my dad! LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    What is a carrier feature. I've never had a talk limit restriction on any phone I owned. The phone only runs super hot.
    It is exactly as I said in my other post. I got the info directly from Sprint.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast