1.    #1  
    I have been having problems with my Facebook chat all day. I have done a restart, i have removed the patch, removed the account and installed the patch again. Now it says that my user name and password are incorrect (and yes they are correct). Any ideas would be amazing. I know there are post about this but i have done what the other post said and it isnt working, so i created a new post but i know that someone will get their panties in a bunch, so sorry about your wedgie.
    I have no idea, since I don't use the chat, but your last comment is funny! LOL
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by misslarrew View Post
    I have been having problems with my Facebook chat all day. I have done a restart, i have removed the patch, removed the account and installed the patch again. Now it says that my user name and password are incorrect (and yes they are correct). Any ideas would be amazing. I know there are post about this but i have done what the other post said and it isnt working, so i created a new post but i know that someone will get their panties in a bunch, so sorry about your wedgie.
    Check the hosts file to ensure your IP is still .105 (I think). Also, go double check the thread for this patch to make sure you have done the other things that others have to get logged in again for the first time.

One other note, I thought this was going to be built into 2.0... but it isn't.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  4.    #4  
    That was the problem. I does need to be .105 Im not sure why it wasnt that way when i installed the patch from preware but it wasnt. Thanks for that. I installed it from the http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ls-inside.html
    with the WebOS Quick Install and now it works fine, for anyone that needs it or might have been smacking their heads like i was! Thank you Very Much!
    Quote Originally Posted by misslarrew View Post
    That was the problem. I does need to be .105 Im not sure why it wasnt that way when i installed the patch from preware but it wasnt. Thanks for that. I installed it from the http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ls-inside.html
    with the WebOS Quick Install and now it works fine, for anyone that needs it or might have been smacking their heads like i was! Thank you Very Much!
    You are welcome. I am pretty sure if you had installed it from Preware you would have gotten the current patch. The IP address is the only difference. With Internalz installed it almost makes the patch obsolete since anyone can enter master mode and edit the file right where it is.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  6.    #6  
    Thats what i thought too, i do not know why it didnt work and then did work. Now, its just popped up and said my username and password are not correct. Im going to leave it alone for now, and see if it works again in the morning. maybe Facebook is having issues.
  7.    #7  
    I have tried and tried again today, with no luck! It is doing the same thing again as it was. Is anyone else having this problem??
    You did use <username>@chat.facebook.com as username?
    i'm having the problem too. It has been working fine but just recently said my username and password are incorrect. Tried deleting account and reinstalling patch via preware but it's the same. Haven't checked the hosts file yet.

edit: checked the hosts file and it still ends in .105 so there must be some other problem.
    Last edited by spy2520; 11/30/2010 at 05:59 PM.
    ME TOO!...People dont seem to see what i type to them.
    dammit. It worked good for two days and now it's back lol. What a strange problem.
  12.    #12  
    mines doing it again as well. i will be signed on with out any problem then a little while later it says im not signed in and my user name and password are incorrect.. then a few hours later or a few days later its signed back in and fine, also its not the phone as this a different pre from the last time i posted..
    ...ditto...
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer