Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffhoward View Post
    I've decided that the only good thing about the facebook app is the GUI and the push notifications. I've been using facebook's mobile site for the past couple days and it's much better. Even though it looks pretty shabby, facebook mobile lets me see friend requests, see comments on my own pictures, and add captions to my photos - all things that I (and others, it sounds like) have had trouble with.
    I really wish I could help you. Because all of the things you are wanting to do, I can do without a problem.

when you go to a specific photo using the fb app, do you not see three buttons appear at the very bottom?
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    I really wish I could help you. Because all of the things you are wanting to do, I can do without a problem.

when you go to a specific photo using the fb app, do you not see three buttons appear at the very bottom?
    I definitely see them, they just show "0" for comments when I know for a fact that there are comments. It's only with my own pictures though - I can view comments on anyone else's pictures.
    I definitely see them, they just show "0" for comments when I know for a fact that there are comments. It's only with my own pictures though - I can view comments on anyone else's pictures.
    man that is so strange. Maybe you should delete the app, and remove your facebook account from Synergy. Then re-add your account, and DL the app again. Perhaps it's not realizing your facebook account as YOURS, and is getting stuck dealing with your privacy settings....
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    man that is so strange. Maybe you should delete the app, and remove your facebook account from Synergy. Then re-add your account, and DL the app again. Perhaps it's not realizing your facebook account as YOURS, and is getting stuck dealing with your privacy settings....
    I deleted the app, removed facebook from everything, battery pulled, installed app again, and it still is having the same problems. I tried the latest final version and the beta version and have seen no changes.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    I think some features require you to be logged into Facebook in the web browser as well?
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    M.fafebook.com lets you do alot more than the app does. That's all I'll use anymore

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNiteWithJme View Post
    I think some features require you to be logged into Facebook in the web browser as well?
    That's absurd if it's true. Why would someone develop an app to simulate a website that required you to still use the actual website?
    That's absurd if it's true. Why would someone develop an app to simulate a website that required you to still use the actual website?
    So try it and let us know if it's true or not. Then we can evaluate the measure of absurdity.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    So try it and let us know if it's true or not. Then we can evaluate the measure of absurdity.
    Doesn't work. The idea is still absurd, but the lack of implementation adds sanity.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by kra2y View Post
    M.fafebook.com lets you do alot more than the app does. That's all I'll use anymore

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    That's what I've decided too.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123