Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50
  1. #21  
    To the OP: I don't have any of these issues. I'd say it's definitely something peculiar to your set up. Unfortunately, I don't have any advice, but I can confirm your experience is not the norm.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    And videos too...
    How do you upload videos?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    How do you upload videos?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    You go into the videos app, click on the info section of the video you want to upload, tap the share icon and you have an option for uploading to FB or Youtube as well as share via MMS or email. This only works for videos you have taken with your Pre. The option to share videos I downloaded from YouTube has a grayed out button for sharing.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    You go into the videos app, click on the info section of the video you want to upload, tap the share icon and you have an option for uploading to FB or Youtube as well as share via MMS or email. This only works for videos you have taken with your Pre. The option to share videos I downloaded from YouTube has a grayed out button for sharing.
    Oh ok I had made a patch but right now I am running patchless and thought it was a feature for all videos.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Oh ok I had made a patch but right now I am running patchless and thought it was a feature for all videos.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Not to get off topic, but do you have a Pre 2 yet and have you started developing patches for 2.0 yet?
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  6. #26  
    I have the beta app and when someone comments on my pic I cannot see any of the comments on the pic and it's annoying me
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Not to get off topic, but do you have a Pre 2 yet and have you started developing patches for 2.0 yet?
    Not to help you get off topic but I do not have the Pre 2 yet. I have been reading the threads and need to get the dev coupon and order one. Trying to hold off to see when Verizon gets it. I have a Pre on sprint and a dumbphone on verizon that has been eligble for an upgrade for about 7 years so just weighing options. I did create my first 2.0 patch but since I don't have a Pre 2 and no way to install it I can't test. I did submit to Preware hopefully I will hear back from them whether it works or not.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoled985 View Post
    I have the beta app and when someone comments on my pic I cannot see any of the comments on the pic and it's annoying me
    When you click on the photo does it open photo app?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoled985 View Post
    I have the beta app and when someone comments on my pic I cannot see any of the comments on the pic and it's annoying me
    Very odd indeed. I am using the latest beta (mentioned above several times) and I uploaded a pic of our Thanksgiving feast today from the photos app, and just now went and looked using the app and I do have comments and a couple of likes that I can know I have from the thumbs up and comments and tagged icons on the bottom when I am viewing the pic. I tap on the comments icon and it takes me to the comments and I can read them all and reply if I want to.
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 11/26/2010 at 12:05 AM. Reason: correction
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoled985 View Post
    I have the beta app and when someone comments on my pic I cannot see any of the comments on the pic and it's annoying me
    Do you have the latest beta?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Not to help you get off topic but I do not have the Pre 2 yet. I have been reading the threads and need to get the dev coupon and order one. Trying to hold off to see when Verizon gets it. I have a Pre on sprint and a dumbphone on verizon that has been eligble for an upgrade for about 7 years so just weighing options. I did create my first 2.0 patch but since I don't have a Pre 2 and no way to install it I can't test. I did submit to Preware hopefully I will hear back from them whether it works or not.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    I understand... but if you want one, you better request it. There are limited numbers and you will only have 7 days to use it once they email it to you.

    If you need somone to test your patches I am game. You consistently do good work. I have no worries. Besides, my Pre 2 really isn't my primary device even though I activated a line on my son's Tmobile account so I could use all of the features and carry it with me when I wanted to. I still carry my Sprint Pre as well, but the Pre 2 is soooo much faster and 2.0 rocks.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I understand... but if you want one, you better request it. There are limited numbers and you will only have 7 days to use it once they email it to you.

    If you need somone to test your patches I am game. You consistently do good work. I have no worries. Besides, my Pre 2 really isn't my primary device even though I activated a line on my son's Tmobile account so I could use all of the features and carry it with me when I wanted to. I still carry my Sprint Pre as well, but the Pre 2 is soooo much faster and 2.0 rocks.
    How does Tmobile allow you to use Pre2. Are you in mojo messenger or twitter? So we don't hijack this thread anymore

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Very odd indeed. I am using the latest beta (mentioned above several times) and I uploaded a pic of our Thanksgiving feast today from the photos app, and just now went and looked using the app and I do have comments and a couple of likes that I can know I have from the thumbs up and comments and tagged icons on the bottom when I am viewing the pic. I tap on the comments icon and it takes me to the comments and I can read them all and reply if I want to.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Do you have the latest beta?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Yes I have the very latest Facebook beta App. It opens the picture and there are no comments even tho I know there are comments because it sent me a notification saying someone commented. I even doctored my phone and this didn't fix that problem
  14. #34  
    Most annoying thing: not being able to see pics I'm tagged in. I can only see my own albums. I barely upload pics but am tagged in a ton so I can't see any of 'em.
  15. #35  
    When you open the picture in the app, what happens when you tap the picture? I don't see comments either when it opens, but if I tap it, three icons appear for likes, comments, and tags.
  16. #36  
    Does anyone know how you can change your profile picture. I am using the latest facebook beta app.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    How does Tmobile allow you to use Pre2. Are you in mojo messenger or twitter? So we don't hijack this thread anymore

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url= Beta[/url]
    Mamouton, twitter me @RichDunbar
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by shabby71 View Post
    Does anyone know how you can change your profile picture. I am using the latest facebook beta app.
    You can't unfortunately yet
  19. #39  
    Your comment about user error was unnecessary, as I also believe that is the case, HOWEVER, I will try to help you sort out your problems, (I also didn't read the whole thread as I'm kinda short on time)


    Quote Originally Posted by jeffhoward View Post
    Just switched from Blackberry and I have enjoyed my Pre Plus for the most part. Most of the pretty standard smartphone features are good/acceptable, except for the Facebook app. I have had the following problems, just wanted to see if anyone else has dealt with them and/or figured out solutions for them:

    Photos - can't add captions to photos I've uploaded, can't comment on any photos, can't "like" any photos. This is a big problem for me - the main advantage of having a facebook mobile client is to upload a picture and let people know what the picture is.
    I don't see what the problem is.... you click on a picture and there are 3 boxes: Thumbs up = Like, Quote boxes = comments, and also a tag button to tag people.

    Links open in browser - not sure why notification links would open in the browser, opening either in the same card or in a new card would be ideal.

    Commenting on my own status - when someone asks a question about a status update, I have to open my browser and go to the iphone site in order to answer. This also seems like a pretty common thing that people would like to have.

    I've installed and uninstalled the most recent version and the beta version on preware. Are these problems common? Are there ways around them? Should I just use the mobile site? Take my plus back to verizon and get a BB Bold? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

    Make sure you have v1.4.53 and ALL of your issues that you listed should be solved. This community for the most part is pretty helpful, I'm not sure, if you have that version, why you can't do everything that you said you couldn't do, it works perfect for me. I can also comment on my status updates and other people's updates with no issue. Hope you get it worked out, because the majority of people here REALLY like the Facebook app.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  20.    #40  
    I've decided that the only good thing about the facebook app is the GUI and the push notifications. I've been using facebook's mobile site for the past couple days and it's much better. Even though it looks pretty shabby, facebook mobile lets me see friend requests, see comments on my own pictures, and add captions to my photos - all things that I (and others, it sounds like) have had trouble with.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions