1.    #1  
    So this has to be the weirdest thing that's ever happened to me using a mobile phone... Some days ago, I put my pre on my touchstone charger. One or two hours later I noticed that it started blinking and then those little water drops showed up all over the display (I mean those things that show up when touching the display) and all of the sudden it opened up some random emails and tried to send a new email... I know this sounds crazy but it acted all on its own... I haven't changed or updated webOS or any of the apps for weeks...

I noticed it started to act in a similar way a couple of minutes ago and that was when I decided to post this thread on here...

Has anyone of you have had a similar experience?
    I think the processor is acting up take it off 1 ghz and put it down to like 800 ghz , your processor may not be able to handle that speed.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    My phone would open up the phone app and call people for me , that i really didnt want to talk too lol and send text messages too .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #4  
    I overclocked it once but later on uninstalled superprekernel... It's been running at its destined speed at 500 mhz... So I don't think that's the problem here...
  5.    #5  
    Really? Have you figured out why it did such random things? What did you do?
    Has it had a problem overheating? That's when mine did it. Others have had this problem when using non-OEM cables and chargers.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    im almost positive that its the processor going out . i would remove any patches you have and take it back and see if they will replace it . but make sure its doing that touching itself thing when you do and it may convince them more quickly to replace it.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    as verwon stated other had this happen with a cheap off brand charging cable and also from cheap screen savers so it could be one of those as well . but when its actually getting bad enough to open and close stuff it just makes me think processor , but it may not be .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Has it had a problem overheating? That's when mine did it. Others have had this problem when using non-OEM cables and chargers.
    No it's not overheating and i'm using the original touchstone charging dock and micro usb cable by palm... but thanks though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    as verwon stated other had this happen with a cheap off brand charging cable and also from cheap screen savers so it could be one of those as well . but when its actually getting bad enough to open and close stuff it just makes me think processor , but it may not be .
    On mine, I'd tried a different kernel and had an overheat problem. That's when mine was doing it. After a doctor and sticking with uber, I have had no more problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by rubenbismark View Post
    No it's not overheating and i'm using the original touchstone charging dock and micro usb cable by palm... but thanks though!
    Then, I have to agree with Shane that it's not a good sign for the processor.
  12.    #12  
    im almost positive that its the processor going out . i would remove any patches you have and take it back and see if they will replace it . but make sure its doing that touching itself thing when you do and it may convince them more quickly to replace it.
    yes, a processor problem seems logical but like i said i haven't overclocked it for months... I also can't tell whether it's only acting weird when it's being charged or not... It also only happens randomly and infrequently which makes it hard to show off to my carrier...
    i took mine back while it was acting up and they just said ok i will get a replacement in the mail for you right now .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    the processors on the early pre's were not all that good so its very possible thats what it is. dont worry when it gets bad enough it will do it constantly and you wont have any problems showing it off lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  15.    #15  
    i took mine back while it was acting up and they just said ok i will get a replacement in the mail for you right now .
    huhm... i'm with O2 Germany and wish they were that generous... but like i mentioned before: it's only acting up very scarcely... in fact, i've only been able to observe it twice for the last couple of days.
  16.    #16  
    the processors on the early pre's were not all that good so its very possible thats what it is. dont worry when it gets bad enough it will do it constantly and you wont have any problems showing it off lol
    hahaha, oh well.. so i guess all i'll have to do is wait for it to really freak out, right? :P
    unfortunately yes but i hope you can get it replaced quickly when or if it does go nuts lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  18.    #18  
    unfortunately yes but i hope you can get it replaced quickly when or if it does go nuts lol
    i sure hope so, too! but thanks for your help, guys!
    This is not a problem with the processor. I experienced this problem after beta testing the voltage values after going to low for the phone to function. I also experienced it with my every day phone on the touchstone. Looking at the amperage pulled on the touchstone and seeing it was lower than charging via usb, we saw that there are certain digitizers that will register "ghost touches" when exposed to a lower pull from the touchstone. I recreated the problem using the same screen with three devices, the original pre plus, and two converted pre pluses using different com boards with the same screen. The problem seems to occur because of the lower voltage relayed to the phone either due to the touchstone or by manually adjusting the voltage pulled by the device. I did lessen the occurrence or the ghosts by upping the voltage in Govnah, but it didn't completely solve the problem. The bet is that it's a flaw in certain screens that causes it to go funky when pulling a lower voltage from the touchstone.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    This is not a problem with the processor. I experienced this problem after beta testing the voltage values after going to low for the phone to function. I also experienced it with my every day phone on the touchstone. Looking at the amperage pulled on the touchstone and seeing it was lower than charging via usb, we saw that there are certain digitizers that will register "ghost touches" when exposed to a lower pull from the touchstone. I recreated the problem using the same screen with three devices, the original pre plus, and two converted pre pluses using different com boards with the same screen. The problem seems to occur because of the lower voltage relayed to the phone either due to the touchstone or by manually adjusting the voltage pulled by the device. I did lessen the occurrence or the ghosts by upping the voltage in Govnah, but it didn't completely solve the problem. The bet is that it's a flaw in certain screens that causes it to go funky when pulling a lower voltage from the touchstone.
    so why does it do this on a gradual incline ?? and on this guys phone , he's never used govnah or uberkernel . what would cause this in his phone ? also the voltage patch was not available when mine went haywire . im just wandering because mine would happen all the time but then stop then startup and again when i started an app that used alot of ram like angry birds or whatever. is there a way to fix this??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη