Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    I had an Evo for about a month and I really could not stand using an onscreen keyboard plus the $10 extra a month was not worth it considering I'm no where near the 4g battery suck. Not to mention android is no where near as fluid as WebOS.

I sold my barely used pre after I got the Evo for around $90 including a touchstone. It was a bad move in hindsight since I will be coming back to the Pre.

However, I just won an ebay auction for a brand new palm pre, 2 touchstones, 2 wall chargers, and 2 usb sync cables for 150 out the door.

Not a bad deal if you ask me.

I know the Sprint Pre is old hat but I will overclock it and love it just the same until the new phones roll out and the prices come down.

Now, off to sell my Evo!
    welcome back
    kool
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    best move youll ever make
    if you grab a verizon pre+, there is now a method documented for putting the sprint radio in the plus to have more memory... Might as well have fun. You will get a lot of $ for your evo.
    @ wmurch3 I know how you feel man, welcome back to WebOS

My story is I just recently upgraded my girlfriends Motorola Backflip to Android 2.1, and after setting it up, tweaking it, installing various apps and games, I felt no where inclined to ever want to switch to Android anytime soon. Yes I realize 2.1 is outdated now with faster, better devices using 2.2, but even then WebOS is so much more fluid, better multi-tasking and running @ 1.1GHz never hurts either

After working on her phone for a couple hours and setting it up to her liking, I was happy to be back and playing with my Pre Plus again lol
    Mobile HotSpot At&t
    the backflip is probably the worste android phone ever made. She would probably even a KIN better than the backflip fail.
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    if you grab a verizon pre+, there is now a method documented for putting the sprint radio in the plus to have more memory... Might as well have fun. You will get a lot of $ for your evo.
    I've heard of this but I'm not sure if it's worth the cost of buying a Pre plus outright for only an additional 8 geebees and double the memory.

Is the hardware more solid? I would be more inclined to do it if the Pre plus has better hardware and no oreo twist. Those were the issues that drove me to the evo in the first place.
    wmurch3 - Welcome Back! I have a Pre Plus and understand that the hardware is more solid than the original Pre. The extra memory alone will eliminate the TMC errors and there is no need to overclock.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    wmurch3 - Welcome Back! I have a Pre Plus and understand that the hardware is more solid than the original Pre. The extra memory alone will eliminate the TMC errors and there is no need to overclock.
    I would probably still want to overclock if only for a faster webos experience. I will keep an eye out for a cheap palm pre plus.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Welcome back!

Every time I use Android or iOS, I find myself swiping below the screen and wondering why nothing is happening...
    "Visits? Well that would indicate visitors."
    "Future events such as these will affect you in the future."
    So wait you left the pre and went to the evo, now you are going back to the pre? Why? I just jumped from the pre to the Evo 3 days ago, and it may be the newness talking but I couldn't think about going back. Now don't get me wrong I love palm and absolutely loved me pre but now after these 72 hours with the evo I'm not sure how I functioned without it before. I'm not trying to the bash the pre at all, we had a great run. The evo is just putting it to shame though via the app selection, screen size, dual cameras, etc. . The loved that gets showed to webOS by developers is very thin and to me that is huge. I could go on and on about why I made the switch, but to each their own. All I know is that if palm doesn't put out a phone that can compete with these Droid devices and the iPhone, well then they will be hanging it up soon in the mobile market.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdotsteele View Post
    So wait you left the pre and went to the evo, now you are going back to the pre? Why? I just jumped from the pre to the Evo 3 days ago, and it may be the newness talking but I couldn't think about going back. Now don't get me wrong I love palm and absolutely loved me pre but now after these 72 hours with the evo I'm not sure how I functioned without it before. I'm not trying to the bash the pre at all, we had a great run. The evo is just putting it to shame though via the app selection, screen size, dual cameras, etc. . The loved that gets showed to webOS by developers is very thin and to me that is huge. I could go on and on about why I made the switch, but to each their own. All I know is that if palm doesn't put out a phone that can compete with these Droid devices and the iPhone, well then they will be hanging it up soon in the mobile market.
    +1000
    I do that every time I use my husband's moment. I hate the android. Pain in the you know where to update, and it is just to me, not as user friendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinfusor View Post
    Welcome back!

Every time I use Android or iOS, I find myself swiping below the screen and wondering why nothing is happening...
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts

I too had a minor love affair with the evo for about the first 3 weeks. The hardware is very nice. I spent a week getting it all set up to my liking (no small task, have to root it which pretty much sucks). The size doesn't really bother. You're right there are a lot of nice apps but honestly I don't use a lot of apps. The main thing I use my phone for is texting and typing on all of the 3 different keyboards I tried was awful and unintuitive. I tried Swype, Swift keyboard, and ultimate keyboard and I made consistent mistakes with all of them. This is something I thought I could get used to but I haven't so I'm getting rid of it.

Really, the keyboard and the 10 dollars a month were my main reasons for returning. It's a very nice phone, don't get me wrong, it's just not for me.
    I tried an Evo for about 2 weeks and returned it lol. Android, for an average user, is very complicated. I knew what i was doing, but the UI is so clustered and everything just pops out of nowhere. I did like the browser though. Very fast and the apps were loving too. But that phone is not for me. Im addicted to the way Webos operates. Not so much how the Pre looks though. I want to see my webos on a bigger screen and better specs...eh a couple more apps would help a lot too.
    I agree with you about being in love with the way webos operates. If palm were to release something with webOS on a larger screen and get that app support around them like the Droids, it would be a real problem.

The main thing I'm missing from webOS and need back big time is the cards. There's nothing like webOS ability to let you run multiple apps at one time and change between them so seamlessly.
    I am with you.I have had my evo for nearly a week now and I could never go back to my pre.I will go back to webos when there is a phone like this running it. I also miss cards but after doing everything on this beautiful big screen,I can not go smaller again.

set using tap talk
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    So wait you left the pre and went to the evo, now you are going back to the pre? Why? I just jumped from the pre to the Evo 3 days ago, and it may be the

newness talking but I couldn't think about going back. Now don't get me wrong I love palm and absolutely loved me pre but now after these 72 hours with the evo I'm not sure how I

functioned without it before. I'm not trying to the bash the pre at all, we had a great run. The evo is just putting it to shame though via the app selection, screen size, dual cameras, etc. . The

loved that gets showed to webOS by developers is very thin and to me that is huge. I could go on and on about why I made the switch, but to each their own. All I know is that if palm

doesn't put out a phone that can compete with these Droid devices and the iPhone, well then they will be hanging it up soon in the mobile market.
    "The loved that gets showed..." ?????
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    I tried an Evo for about 2 weeks and returned it lol. Android, for an average user, is very complicated. I knew what i was doing, but the UI is so clustered and everything just pops out of nowhere. I did like the browser though. Very fast and the apps were loving too. But that phone is not for me. Im addicted to the way Webos operates. Not so much how the Pre looks though. I want to see my webos on a bigger screen and better specs...eh a couple more apps would help a lot too.
    I have to agree about android being complicated. There just doesn't seem to be a cohesive ui theme at all. In it's pure form it's an ugly mess which is why samsung and htc have their own skins.

I do think it has potential but it just seems so clunky. It's like they just wanted features thrown in rather than an intuitive user experience.

Webos was just designed from the ground up to be used friendly.

Sent from my Evo 4g using Tapatalk pro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast