Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by wmurch3 View Post
    I have to agree about android being complicated. There just doesn't seem to be a cohesive ui theme at all. In it's pure form it's an ugly mess which is why samsung and htc have their own skins.

I do think it has potential but it just seems so clunky. It's like they just wanted features thrown in rather than an intuitive user experience.

Webos was just designed from the ground up to be used friendly.

Sent from my Evo 4g using Tapatalk pro
    Exactly. Webos needs a big screen and some more apps and people will love it because thats just how people are, including me. Palm can make the Pre 2 with a bigger screen (4.3), virtual and landscape keyboard and people will rush in to get it. They apps will flow....But apparently, they decided to go make a Pre 2 that looks exactly like the Pre Minus after making a Pre Plus that was also exactly the same as the Pre minus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Exactly. Webos needs a big screen and some more apps and people will love it because thats just how people are, including me. Palm can make the Pre 2 with a bigger screen (4.3), virtual and landscape keyboard and people will rush in to get it. They apps will flow....But apparently, they decided to go make a Pre 2 that looks exactly like the Pre Minus after making a Pre Plus that was also exactly the same as the Pre minus.
    it seems so simple to us doesn't it!!

People love bigger!...give them bigger screens! (not 5in tho thats tooooo big for a phone lol)

People like choice!...give them a variety of form factors! (portrait slider, slab, tablet, landscape slider, candybar, etc)

People enjoy fast!...slap the most powerful processor you can find in that mofo and optimize the OS to make it scream!

sounds like a winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinfusor View Post
    Welcome back!

Every time I use Android or iOS, I find myself swiping below the screen and wondering why nothing is happening...
    ^^^ This...

I want a new phone so bad, but I will not go to the EVO. Every time I grab my buddies EVO I try doing shiz with it and just hand it back. Its just not user friendly. And I am very very techno savy. I am sure if I had an Evo it would take less then a full day to figure everything out, but going from one thing to the next with out closing apps and reopening them unlike the pre would really bother me. I like how fast I can do things with the pre. I want an EVO with webos. I would pay double to have that. Why can we buy an Evo and install webos on it?
    I have to say I just joined those who switched from the pre to the Evo, and I have no regrets, and could never switch back. I absolutely loved webos, multitasking, card swapping, etc.. but here are the reasons why:
    1) Screen, Screen, Screen!! As good as webos is, the screen size kills the experience. Its like using Windows 7 and being told your max resolution is 640x480. No matter how good, stable, usable the OS is, the screen size will always limit its use.
    2) Flash - I can view 'Cisco Live Virtual' training videos directly on the phone. That is just amazing.
    3) The richness of the Google apps. Gmail, gtasks, Navigation, Maps, camera/video, all have user experiences that are just not there on the pre.
    4) Solid hardware. Putting the Pre in my pocket, I always feel like its going to break in half.
    5) Voice to text input. I was very nervous about losing the onscreen keyboard, but OMG!! The voice to text recognition is UNBELIEVABLY accurate, all just one button away on the keyboard. I use it for so much input, that I rarely type! I was shocked how great it is.
    (I hate to say it)
    6) Future. Sorry all, but the lack of marketshare and interest in future Pre marketshare is just so sad to me. I loved this phone, but the hardware killed it. When I saw the "Pre2" it was the nail in the coffin for me. They may get it with a super phone by CES, but it's two years to late.

My wife and two kids still use Pre's and I'll continue to use Preware, patches, and watch the community. But for me, I have no regrets at all, especially since I got it for basically $100 at Walmart. ($199 - 100 gift card)
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    I could see why you went back to the Pre. I own the EPIC 4G, and I had to root it and hunt for apps to make it run the way that I like it. With the Pre, the features are already there out the door. The only reason I switched was 1) speed, 2) widgets, 3) screen size.

My brothers use the Pre and the Pixi. I consider the phones a mid-range and low-range smartphone, which works very well for them.
    First of all... Let me say "Welcome Back". If I decide to dumped my palm pre it will not be for any of those phones out today. Maybe a phone that I don't know about, or one that was just made.

I'm comfortable with my phone, the screen might not be big enough for others, but it's ok for me. I love the physical keyboard on the pres. Definitely couldn't work with a virtual keyboard.

Some other phone users find every fault with the pres, yet still denies the obvious with theirs. I'm a lover of the webos and the pres, and will continue doing so until...

You have made a wise decision to come back to webos - one of.. if not the best operating system in the world(IMHO).
    I don't get all this bickering over Android vs. webOS. Here is your simplified buyer's guide:

Choose Android is you want the here and now.

Choose webOS is you want the "in the coming months" and "over the next year".

This applies to number of apps, developer support, highend hardware, etc.

Those of us with our Pres since the beginning understand why it is called the "Pre" and not the "Now" or "Post" -- because it is never really quite there...
    haha I love my pre... And that is funny! But also makes some sense
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12