1.    #1  
    The 3g only works after I turn on and turn off airplane mode and even then it shuts off intermittently. Also people will send mms and my phone won't download initially because of the 3g problem.

If I doctor, is everything going to be erased?
    pictures will be restored as well as contacts and apps and synced accounts
    Pictures will be restored? From where?
    USB partition shouldn't be erased but better to backup.

As for fixing your 3G problem, that may just be a low coverage issue. The Pre is notoriously bad at picking up 3G and switching towers.
    the usb portion won't be touched by the doctor. If you have patches installed or want to back up app data, use the save/restore app in preware for app data, and the saved package list in preware settings for your homebrew stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonmale04 View Post
    Please see GuyFromNam's post!! Pictures and media files are not restored if they have been erased.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Gfn/verwon are correct. Doctor won't delete your pics, but back them up anyway because they aren't available to restore if they are deleted.
    they are all correct so back up everything on the usb for they will be gone for good if it gets deleted . lol ltm ltm just thought i would join in all the fun ha ha ha ha not that it was needed or anything lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Now... I'm confused..
    How so? Cantaffordit is recommending to backup the contents of the USB drive in case something goes wrong. It's solid advice.
    I'm going to behave myself.

The doctor does not normally delete picture and other media files on the USB drive.

They are not removed and restored when you log-in to your profile, again. They are just left alone.

However, it is always best to backup everything, just in case something goes wrong, because when it comes to any type of computer equipment, you can never really know what might popup.
    wow
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I'm not talking about the usb part.
    May I asked what you're confused about then?
    <thread cleaned>

What's so confusing? If you perform a Doctor on your device, your USB partition is not touched. As has been pointed out, it is always a good idea to back up a USB drive (files/pictures/vids/etc) just on the off-chance that something happens and the device screws up. Just like you should back up your computer's files, you should back up your device's USB files.

Not so confusing...

**Update - certain incorrect posts were deleted by me so the OP wouldn't get confused or wrong information.
    cleaned? You mean someone was talking dirty? Lol ltm roflmbo etc.

*rimshot*
    your pictures are stored on the usb area, so doctoring them ISN'T deleting them. Probably time to let this one go.
    ...My confusion is two different stories on the results of running a webos doctor.

(1) Whenever I perform a webos doctor all my pics, and modifications are all erased from my phone.

(2) I've never been confused on whether or not the usb partition would be erase from performing a webos doctor.

It's quite obvious that there was some misunderstanding.
    The old versions of the Doctor did erase everything on the phone, however, after many complaints about the annoyance, it was fixed in later versions, so it now leaves the USB portion of the phone alone.

I've never lost a pic or other media file to doctoring and I've had to do it twice, since I got my Pre.

This isn't a misunderstanding, it's fact, just as everyone has said.

If you doctor and lose all your pics and media files, then something is screwed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonmale04 View Post
    btw, this post is also incorrect. Photos are NOT restored, nor are they deleted. They just sit there.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 11/25/2010 at 06:20 PM.
    Just to avoid any future confusion, here's the wiki link:

How To Recover

The info on what the doctor does and does not delete is right near the top.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    You will lose your text messages, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog View Post
    You will lose your text messages, though.
    And you will also lose your mind reading this thread. Just check the link that Verwon posted and all of your questions will be answered.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjam99 View Post
    And you will also lose your mind reading this thread...
    And the crowd said "AMEN".

<closed>