1.    #1  
    So I know this has been asked a million times but I couldn't find a way to do so.

If I use Save/Restore, I can't restore them back on to a new pre correct? But does the saved version that goes onto my computer a fairly legible alternative that one can save to there computer by conversation with different people?

I tried this by NachoB

"Using WebOS Quick Install, go to Tools, then Receive File.
    enter: /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3

View the db3 file with: SQLite Database Browser

Messages are in: com_palm_pim_Message"

but I don't have the folder com_palm_pim_Message, so I can't access them.

Any other ideas?
  2.    #2  
    No one? Really c'mon I know you smart programmers out there must have an idea.
    at the moment I don't have access to my db3 file, will try and help when/if I get access to it.
    Last edited by NachoB; 12/20/2010 at 09:12 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Okay, I was able to get access to my palmdatabase.db3 file.

Using WebOS Quick Install, go to Tools, then Receive File (you'll need to be in Developer mode to do this).
    enter: /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 and select your save location.

View the db3 file with: SQLite Database Browser

In SQLite Database Browser, select the "Browse Data" tab and look for com_palm_pim_FolderEntry in the drop down menu.

This will be pretty messy because Email and SMS's are stored in the same table within the database.

The best way to view the data, in my opinion, would be to do an export in SQLite, export com_palm_pim_FolderEntry in csv format (be sure to include .csv at the end of the filename, SQLite doesn't include this for some reason), then open it up with Excel or similar app. I deleted all columns except for deviceTimeStamp, fromAddress, timeStamp, summary, and messageText. I then sorted the data by the timeStamp column which allowed me to view my messages (received and sent) in the order they occurred. Sent messages have no fromAddress so if you attempt to sort by both timeStamp and fromAddress your messages won't appear in order with received messages.

Hope all that makes sense.

Last edited by NachoB; 11/29/2010 at 08:00 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers