1.    #1  
    I did a full secure erase on my palm pre plus. And I let it do its thing. All the sudden, it turned off and it looked like it was close to being done. But I failed to realize that the battery probably died out while it was doing it, though I'm unsure of that issue. Now, when I try to turn my phone it. 'Palm' just goes off nd on the screen. It turns on, then off in 2 seconds, then on, and ect. What do I do?
    Have you recharged the battery? Pull the battery for about 30 seconds then try to boot.
    Last edited by NachoB; 12/20/2010 at 09:16 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Have you recharged the battery? Pull the battery for about 30 seconds then try to boot.
    Yes, i've done that. I've left it on the charger for a day. I've taken out the battery and putting it back in. I've tried doctoring it, but it won't let me put it into that setting. It just keeps going to the 'Palm' logo.
    Try putting it into Recovery Mode, steps here: How To Recover
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    LOL - I was posting the same link, but deleted it because I wasn't sure it would be the same procedure for Pre 2.
    Lol...yeah I saw that, but it's a Pre plus so it should be the same.

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Try putting it into Recovery Mode, steps here: How To Recover
    that doesnt work either.
    Quote Originally Posted by moooosie View Post
    that doesnt work either.
    What happens when you tried that?

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    What happens when you tried that?
    Well, it won't let me to turn the settings on to doctor it. When I hold the volume up button and the power button, 'Palm' just comes back on.
    Remove the battery and plug the phone into the wall charger. Hold the volume key up until it goes into recovery mode. Then replace the battery and prepare to doctor.

10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Try charging the battery for a while. However, if it was the battery you would have gotten that batt icon on the screen. Removing and re-inserting the battery you said didn't work either. Do you have another battery you could use. Your battery could be the culprit in this issue.
    I've charged the battery for a really long time, while it was off and on/flashing. It won't let me GET the batt icon on the screen, or anything else. I don't have another battery. /:
    Sorry, but unless your volume button is broke I'm skeptical that you're attempting recovery mode right. Do this, power off your phone, plug your Palm Branded USB cord into the phone (but not into your computer yet), hold the volume up buttom, don't let go, now plug the other end of the Palm Brand USB cord into your computer, still holding the volume up button right?, large USB icon should appear on screen shortly after. No need to hold the power button. If this doesn't work then I say your volume button is faulty.
    Last edited by NachoB; 11/25/2010 at 12:24 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    If your intent is to upgrade to another WebOS device, such as the Pre2 all you need to do is log into your current profile on the new WebOS device and through the process it will ask you if you want to delete the profile on the other WebOS device (the one you're having problems with) and that's it.

The same thing happened to me in a similar situation when my other Palm Pixin Plus with at&t all of the sudden died with an active profile. When I got a replacement unit from at&t, I just logged into my current profile and all my info came back onto the replacement unit. I assume Palm/HP automatically deletes the profile on the other device on their servers.