1.    #1  
    My wife's phone was unable to make/receive calls or texts and can't use data. I found that she had changed the voice network from "Verizon Only" to "Automatic - B". I changed it back and was still unable to make calls. Restarted... unable to make calls. Took the battery out for a while... still unable to make calls. It doesn't connect to the network; I don't get the timer.

I ran WebOS Doctor and it ran successfully, but I am still unable to make calls or use data. Now I have a phone that can't do anything because without calls I cannot activate... without activating I can't use data... without data I can't log in to her profile.

Phone was getting hot for a while in case that gives a clue.

Is there anything I can do to recover it, or is the phone radio dead?
    Do you see reception bars, "Verizon Wireless" and the EV icon?

Also check the programming of your phone, enter in the Profile sign-in screen ##000000# (some Verizon Pres have this as the MSL), then check the MSID and MDN.
  3.    #3  
    Yes to bars and Verizon Wireless, no to the EV icon.

Mobile Directory Number and Mobile Station ID Number are the correct phone number.
  4.    #4  
    Just found the debug hash code - the "call processing state" keeps changing from Pilot Channel Acquisition state to Idle State to REgistration Access to Sync Acquisition state.... it just keeps changing. Is that a clue?
    Did this happen out of the blue?

Something similar to this happened to one of my Pres after having taken a nasty hit. Several calls to Sprint couldn't fix it and I ended up having to get it replaced. I never figured out what it was but I always speculated the radio became damaged...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jasetroncs View Post
    Did this happen out of the blue?

Something similar to this happened to one of my Pres after having taken a nasty hit. Several calls to Sprint couldn't fix it and I ended up having to get it replaced. I never figured out what it was but I always speculated the radio became damaged...
    I think it happened when my wife accidently switched from "Verizon Only" to "Automatic - B". Maybe the radio overheated when searching for a signal...
  7.    #7  
    No other suggestions???

How do you know if you're covered under warranty?
  8.    #8  
    Called palm and after an hour or so got an okay to send for warranty service. Thanks to all for your help.