1.    #1  
    I want to start reading up on how to overclock my Pre. Is there an info thread I can read up on, or somewhere I can start learning?
    This would be a good place to start: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...er-kernel.html
    Once you have over-clocked,you can show your appreciation to the developers and your support for future projects:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ture-devi.html
    get to know Preware first, as it is the fountain of life:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...es-themes.html

used to be a thread called "beginners guide to overclocking" or something like that. I'll see if I can find it.
  5.    #5  
    ok thanks. Is there a step-by-step on what to do after you install uberkernal? ie: a different type of booting? Or a sequence of steps to finish the overclocking?
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    geez I guess there are alot of bored people lurking around today! lol
    (Cough*Rush*Cough*Canaffordit*cough) lol j/k... but OP they did give you great advice.
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by EOConcepts View Post
    ok thanks. Is there a step-by-step on what to do after you install uberkernal? ie: a different type of booting? Or a sequence of steps to finish the overclocking?
    Open Govnah and select/set your Screenstate profile. Here is a screen shot of my Govnah, showing that I've selected the 500/100 profile and that I'm running at 1 GHz.

8.    #9  
    so I went in to govnah, after DLing uberkernal, opened a new profile, set it to screenstate with min=500 and max=800 saved the profile as 'screenstate 500/800' and restarted. When I checked Govnah upon restart my default settings had been restored back to 500. Any ideas?
    be sure you read the documentation for UK and Gov. make sure you have the most current version of each.
  10.    #11  
    now It's jumping to an 'unkown' profile upon restart and is running @ 1ghz... I have the newest builds of UK and Gov. Why won't it stay with the selected profile?
    1. Install Preware
    2. Install Ueberkernel (with Preware)
    3. Install Govnah (with Preware)
    4. Select a Profile that appeals to you in Govnah
    5. Profit

Everything except the first point is trivial and installing Preware is not hard.

You need to install a PC app called WebOSQuickinstall:
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    With that you get Preware on your Palm. And Preware is like the App Catalog - just for Homebrew - including the 2 apps you need for Overclocking.

If you need more information just search for WebOSQuickinstall on this Forum - there is a zillion threads about this.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Sorry for a stupid question... Is there any problem or incompatibility between Govnah/Uberkernel and others apps and patches? Need I uninstall anything before installing Govnah/Uberkernel? And are Govnah/Uberkernel UNinstalled with Preware as easy as any other app or patches?
    Quote Originally Posted by jossanaijr View Post
    Sorry for a stupid question... Is there any problem or incompatibility between Govnah/Uberkernel and others apps and patches? Need I uninstall anything before installing Govnah/Uberkernel? And are Govnah/Uberkernel UNinstalled with Preware as easy as any other app or patches?
    Patches shouldn't care about your governor status but some apps may not take the screenstate options well. For example, media files are choppy all the sudden when you have chosen a screenstate option and screen turns off. No fear, its resolved by using any other governor setting.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    There is no need to re-start your phone after changing the profiles in Govnah.
    no but you should restart your phone when you first install the Uberkernel/Govnah patch...I had to last night and it made it all better
  16.    #17  
    got it working, I remembered I had used WebOS to install Govnah, removed both uberkernal and govnah>Luna Restart= Problems Solved