Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Most people seem to prefer the opposite behavior - turning the screen off on the touchstone (for which there are patches and apps).

I'd like to have the clock/lock screen when plugged into the wall (traveling without the touchstone).

Does anyone know if this is possible?
    I use mode switcher to launch the stock clock app whenever my phone is plugged into the wall+and my screen turns off. I use this patch (http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...cape-only.html) to keep the stock clock in lansdscape at all times.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    that's a pretty close suggestion. l'm also running the "open to alarm list" patch which requires an extra click :-)
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Also, that patch is unfortunately not in preware...which is inconvenient for those of us who prefer to manage all patches in one place.
    I use Timepiece for my alarms. It has a feature that keeps it on all the time (as an open card) if you'd like. I really like it as it's not a bright as the touchstone clock screen, and you can select the digital clock number color and in addition you can also turn the brightness of the Timepiece clock down independently from the webos clock.
    Quote Originally Posted by sck18 View Post
    Also, that patch is unfortunately not in preware...which is inconvenient for those of us who prefer to manage all patches in one place.
    Yeah I wasn't sure about getting it into pre ware. I looked into it, but thensite sais it's down? So I'm not sure what to do. If anyone wants to get it in there for me, feel free, or else I'll try again later.

Also, you can email yourself the patch and install it using internalz

Edit: "clock landscape only" is now in preware
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 11/26/2010 at 08:42 AM.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Got it, thanks - it works great w/ mode switcher!
    Ok, just got my first touchstone, but i dont know how to use mode switcher, or didnt see a patch, to keep the screen on and not locked. I want it to act the same as i had it plugged into the wall, but if i put the phone on the touchstone wile the screen is off, it just goes to a lock screen. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 01/22/2011 at 08:11 AM.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Try going into mode switcher, custom mode, mode type=modifier
    Click on triggers, add trigger, charger event, charger=touchstone
    Go back, click on settings, on charger=always on

Not near a touchstone at the moment but this *might* work :-)
    Thanks, but thats the first thing i tried
    The app TealTime also has an option to leave the screen on, so that would be another option.