Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    hi guys, just wanted to know if theres a way for my web browser to stop refreshing...as its quite annoying as im trying to read something and it refreshes and starts back up at the top of the page after about 10-15 secs....

thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by v277480 View Post
    hi guys, just wanted to know if theres a way for my web browser to stop refreshing...as its quite annoying as im trying to read something and it refreshes and starts back up at the top of the page after about 10-15 secs....

thanks!
    Do you have a Sprint Pre? If so this is caused by the limited memory available on the device. The Sprint Pre has 256MB of RAM compared to the 512MB in the Pre Plus and Pre 2. Since I moved to the Pre Plus I don't have this problem anymore.

The patch mentioned above does help but you will still find that some pages still refresh because the OS needed memory.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Do you have a Sprint Pre? If so this is caused by the limited memory available on the device. The Sprint Pre has 256MB of RAM compared to the 512MB in the Pre Plus and Pre 2. Since I moved to the Pre Plus I don't have this problem anymore.

The patch mentioned above does help but you will still find that some pages still refresh because the OS needed memory.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    I still have the issue after plussing my pre. It happens quite often on the Engadget main site, so it isn't caused by the phones RAM. I haven't installed the patch so I can't speak towards its usefulness, although if it's in Preware, it's got some cred.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    I'm not sure, but could it be the site requesting a refresh? I know if you leave drudge report open it will refresh every once in a while by design.
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    I still have the issue after plussing my pre. It happens quite often on the Engadget main site, so it isn't caused by the phones RAM. I haven't installed the patch so I can't speak towards its usefulness, although if it's in Preware, it's got some cred.
    Engadget's site has been strange. When I read the comments the screen is constantly refreshing every 15 seconds. Very annoying.

I believe the OP is referring to opening a web site, switching to another card, then switching back to the browser card and the site refreshing.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Engadget's site has been strange. When I read the comments the screen is constantly refreshing every 15 seconds. Very annoying.

I believe the OP is referring to opening a web site, switching to another card, then switching back to the browser card and the site refreshing.
    Yup. It bugs the crap out of me. Especially since the Engadget app only seems to show comments from pre users.
    Another issue I've been having lately is the screen going blanks after returning to a card with a site open. Not refreshing, but simply going white. Also, sometimes when returning to a card, the bottom of the page gets blurry, and if I try to scroll or do anything within the card, the whole page goes blurry and becomes non-responsive until I minimize the card and then come back to it. This happens most often when opening a link in a new card, and then switching back to the original page. This has only happened in the last month or so. It really seems like the phone is turning into garbage on me. I hope 2.0 brings a lot of bug fixes with it.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    If you start scrolling before the page has completely loaded, it will jump back up to the top when it's finished (pressing "stop" prevents this).

A few sites (like FreeTranslation.com) jump back even when nothing is loading.
    "Visits? Well that would indicate visitors."
    "Future events such as these will affect you in the future."