Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Been looking to get a screen protector for the Pre but all the ones i've found are for the Pre and i have a Pre+. I'm now wondering if i should just go commando of if the Pre really does need a protector?
    heck no !! you better get something to protect that screen !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I am using a boxwave..tried and trusted on all my other devices and working just as well on my Pre Plus. Tried the skinomi before it and couldn't stand the rubbery feel to it. the boxwave types are much more similar to using the phone naked...
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I recommend you get one. My phone had a lots of scratches without the screen protector after 8 months. Just replaced my phone last week and this time i will definitely put one on. I just order 3pk protector for $3 from amazon but not sure how they compare to invisible shield and other top of the line screen protectors.
    I don't use anything because invisiShield lied to me about the bubbles. Haha. But I keep my phone in the original sock, or in the Palm phone holster, hip thing. It is rarely in a place where it can face danger.
    Mine is naked!
    Last edited by NachoB; 12/20/2010 at 09:23 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I've never used anything and never had a problem. I keep my Pre in the original black&orange case it came in. 500 days later, it's still kickin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Mine is bare as well. Some small scratches that can be seen in the right light, but generally very clean.
    I was using one (a cover) until a few months ago (sukinomi). It is fine without one. i make sure it is in my pocket wtihout the keys .
    I am very unhapoy with the quality of sukinomi.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProParkour View Post
    I don't use anything because invisiShield lied to me about the bubbles. Haha. But I keep my phone in the original sock, or in the Palm phone holster, hip thing. It is rarely in a place where it can face danger.
    I only use invisible shield. I usually mess up the instalation & have bubbles. If you order it direct from zagg, they usually give a complementary one time replacment for a bad instalation (you just have to return the one you messed up). They've done it 2X for me; once when I got the Touch Pro, & once for my iPod. By the time I got my Pre, I installed it without a problem.

They are a pain to install, but your gadget will not get a single scratch. They also reduce finger print smear from building up on the screen.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I only use invisible shield. I usually mess up the instalation & have bubbles. If you order it direct from zagg, they usually give a complementary one time replacment for a bad instalation (you just have to return the one you messed up). They've done it 2X for me; once when I got the Touch Pro, & once for my iPod. By the time I got my Pre, I installed it without a problem.

They are a pain to install, but your gadget will not get a single scratch. They also reduce finger print smear from building up on the screen.

I agree that installation is annoying. However, I did not like the feel that I felt when using the screen. It felt like rubbing my finger over a rubber band, I want to use a touch screen not a rubber band.
    nekid, baby, nekid!
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProParkour View Post
    I agree that installation is annoying. However, I did not like the feel that I felt when using the screen. It felt like rubbing my finger over a rubber band, I want to use a touch screen not a rubber band.
    Yeah, it does have a funny feel. I've gotten used to it, I would prefer a naked screen, but I'm willing to sacrifice it to avoid scratches.

Get a screen protector. My Pre Plus has had no screen protector for 5 months and it has a bunch of light scratches. Recently, it somehow got two gouges in the screen; pin sized holes. I promised myself I'd always keep it in the original black/orange pouch, but it was too difficult to remove the phone from the pouch that I just gave up.

I don't like screen protectors, and continue to not use one, but something about this screen is much more easily scratched than other smartphones.
    I'm contemplating going back to naked mode. I can't seem to install a screen protector without bubbles.

Come play with my Twitter.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Case free since July 2009. Still on Pre numero uno.
    Personally, me and my partner prefer the smooth and enhanced sensation without a cover on. Against the skin it's just so much more pleasurable, and comfortable. I personally believe it helps the movements last longer, causes less muscle fatigue and has a much greater chance of a satisfying outcome...

But, I guess it's upto everyone's preference.

I've been using it naked, loose in my pocket for approximately a month now, and I've got two tiny microscratch visible under just a certain angle of light from before I figured out how to carry it right.. There are a couple secrets to this. 1: Choose a pocket in which you'll leave it in always (left or right). ALWAYS put the phone in that pocket, never the other one. Never put anything other than your phone in that pocket. 2. When you get it out of your pocket, wipe any dust or lint off the screen before using it with your hand (NOT a cloth). 3. Make sure you have good pants for the Pre. If you feel little threads or bits of fabric popping off the inside of your pants, that'll scratch the Pre's shiny surface. One of my two scratches was from some pants I wore that had cruddy pockets. If these don't sound like things you can do, get a screen protector.
    My first Pre I had for about 3 months, no protector. It had a fair amount of scratches, mind you, I don't work in an office, and not the greatest caretaker of phones(ended up breaking my first.) I put a protector on right away with my 3rd Pre(2nd blew a speaker) and it still looks pretty new. Few bubbles to deal with, but compared to the scratched up first Pre, worth it(to me). I kinda like the rubbery feel of the InvisiShield, I noticed the other day, at a friends house, I had my Pre on a granite countertop, and could easily open my Pre with one finger. Without the Shield, my Pre would have moved across the countertop as I pushed it. A pain in the derriere to put on, but a little grippier and easy to clean, and for somebody like me, it looks far better now than it would without it.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I had a Zagg on since i had my Pre for about a year when i took it off screen was in perfect condition. Now since off still no scratches i am very careful i have a Rocketfish Case but it doesn't cover the screen.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast