1.    #1  
    Ok, so iv had the palm pre for about a year now, and i really love the webos, but just the fact that its getting left outa the loop on all the new apps is really starting to get to me.

Iv been thinking about waiting for the Nexus S android, as it seems like a pritty epic piece of kit, but am i gonna be dissapointed without webos?

Any 2 cents?
    stay. Good stuff coming.
  3.    #3  
    lol wanna elaborate?
  4.    #4  
    Yea, cheers for your helpful comments...
    umm do you have any homebrew apps or patches on your phone ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6.    #6  
    Yea i do ,
    if you dont then put some on your phone and you will see first hand why you should stay !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    just think about what is coming with 2.0 !! at least wait until you get the update , it will hold you over until the next phone on sprint comes out !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    no need for rumors !! i know the truth !!!! stay !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  10.    #10  
    <deleted by Mod> just asking for some advice. I am def waiting for webos 2.0 anway, then i guess ill make my mind up
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/23/2010 at 07:41 PM.
    <<thread cleaned>>

**Please stay on topic. If you can't help the OP with his question, simply move to another thread. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by chris0101 View Post
    that "fella" wasnt meant for you lol, it was meant for the other guy, but his post has disappear now... hm
    that other guy was a forum mod and has the authority to do that lol , anytime people get off topic in a thread he sometimes just appears and disappears to try and get everyone back on topic lol he,s a good mod though . no worries !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Feel free to do whatever you want to do, just note that it can be expensive jumping around phones. I've spent almost $1000 this year buying phones. I have settled on webOS, simply because it doesn't require me to flash roms to customize the phone like my Touch Pro 2 and Evo do.

If you don't know what flashing roms means, read about it on android/windows mobile forums before making your switch, as you may end up doing it alot. I don't enjoy it, its a waste of time just to get someone elses take on android and not my own, and I simply don't have time to swap roms while sinking speedboats or doing laundry. With webOS, I can do what ever patches I want, 1 by 1, and customize the experience to what I need.

~The Manatee Man
    Chris, asking people on a Pre forum is gonna get you very biased answers. Asking people on an Epic forum, EVO forum, etc etc etc.... you get the idea.

You might also want to think about going to sites like Cnet and read UNBIASED user reviews to get some feedback that isn't based on "emotions".

Don't think I'm trying to chase you away from here, I'm not. I'm just being honest with you, that's all.
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    I jumped ship to the EVO about a month ago and I'm starting to get Pre withdrawals. The main thing I miss is the physical keyboard. Being able to just slide open the keyboard and type a persons name is so handy. Android doesn't have this ability as far as I can tell. They have voice commands but honestly I don't like using it unless I'm in a car. Finding a person takes about 3 times as long as with the Pre.

Personally, I am thinking of selling my Evo and getting a Pre - again. I love the hardware of the EVO but the $10 premium data fee and lack of physical keyboard are getting to me. Don't get me wrong there are some nice virtual keyboard replacements but I haven't been able to get the hang of any of them and consistently make typing errors.

The apps are generally better on Android though they don't seem to have as many 3d games as WebOS. Hopefully HP will bring developer interest back when they release their megaphones in the next couple months.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    I think you should research what you what out of your phone. They go read up on those features and who provides them and if not provided what does it take to get them.
    I believe the OP heard both sides.... this thread is nothing but a magnet for trolls at this point.

<closed>