Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    I am a Sprint customer; every weekend I am roaming on Verizon. For the past month, every call goes directly to voicemail. Yes, I know this happens from time to time, but now it's a constant. Is there an approach to either Sprint or Verizon customer service that might effect some change so that people will consider actually doing something about it? I can deal with the forced x1 speed, but I am sick of just hearing a VM alert go off when the phone is sitting there idle. Sprint customer service actually recommended bringing the phone to a store. There isn't anything wrong with the phone, as best I can tell....it's with the Verizon/Sprint relationship/contracts concerning roaming. My area used to be Alltel, and I had no problems (and also had EVDO). The day Verizon took over the tower, everything went to hel l. Is there any solution for this?
  2. #2  
    When was the last time you updated the PRL?
  3.    #3  
    Good question. I'm on 60671 currently, and it stayed on that number when I manually updated.
  4. #4  
    What, davidra?!?

    The Tea-Party had nothing to do with it?




  5. #5  
    I rarely roam on Verizon (except about 3 miles on the trip home). What is going on in your area.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    What, davidra?!?

    The Tea-Party had nothing to do with it?




    I hadn't considered it, but it's a possibility. I am sure I'm on their enemies list.
  7. #7  
    I am usually in a roaming situation one day a week and I occasionally have the problem of calls going directly to VM. In my case, I think it is because I have data activity going on and it takes precedence over voice. If you really need the calls immediately, you may want to consider turning off data while you are roaming. Try turning off data usage the next time and see if it makes a difference.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 11/27/2010 at 09:05 PM.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I am usually in a roaming situation one day a week and I occasionally have the problem of calls going directly to VM. In my case, I think it is because I have data activity going on and it is take precedence over voice. If you really need the calls immediately, you may want to consider turning off data while you are roaming. Try turning off data usage the next time and see if it makes a difference.
    That is a possibility. I have a lame question: are texts data? If I turn data off, will I still be able to get texts?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    The phone can also be at fault. Lets say Sprint verify that your area have good EV connection, and your still roaming all the time...then that would mean that the device isn't connecting to their network properly.

    If you're still experiencing such problems - I would recommend taking the phone in for a technician to evaluate it.

    Note: Sometimes refreshing the Evdo connection does help.(i.e. ##evdo# then press save). Or update network settings).

    Thanks. I have no problem, and great EV connection in Sprint areas. This more remote area has no Sprint, not even a touch of it, and I only have 1x data there.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Thanks. I have no problem, and great EV connection in Sprint areas. This more remote area has no Sprint, not even a touch of it, and I only have 1x data there.
    Check your phone preferences, and make sure your network setting is on Automatic and not Sprint only.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Check your phone preferences, and make sure your network setting is on Automatic and not Sprint only.
    No, it's on auto. Much of the time over there I use the "Roam only" patch to save battery, but I've tried it with this enabled and disabled; same thing happens. It may just be data usage at the same time, but that would be amazingly coincidental....
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    That is a possibility. I have a lame question: are texts data? If I turn data off, will I still be able to get texts?
    Texts use the 1x network not the data. However, MMS requires data

Posting Permissions