1.    #1  
    Sigh...So I just recieved my replacement Pre and i wanted to know if there was a way to transfer/migrate my Notes without having to email them, or use something like evernote.In addition to notes, I was wondering if there was a way I could transfer my pics and vids. For pics I'm assuming back them up on my comp. But what about vids? I would give you the long painful story, but just know this is my 3rd Pre, and I'm still worried about what other info I may lose when i switch my profile to the replacement ...thanks for your help in advance
    Last edited by nrcsbrooks2; 11/23/2010 at 04:41 PM.
    I don't know about the notes or videos but the pictures transfer them to your computer via USB and then you can put them back on the phone after you activate it.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    I don't know about the notes or videos but the pictures transfer them to your computer via USB and then you can put them back on the phone after you activate it.
    thanks, figured I'd have to do that with the pics. I wish it was that easy for the notes and vids.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrcsbrooks2 View Post
    thanks, figured I'd have to do that with the pics. I wish it was that easy for the notes and vids.
    True.. as Rush mentioned, videos can be transferred just as easily as pictures. Just drag them out of your phone's USB to your computer (just like pictures). Notes would have to be copy/paste'd to an email to transfer unless you use another application like "Notes" by Inglorious Apps. With that app you can simply export your notes to a Google Docs account.
    Palm profile backs up the native Memos app (is this what you're using?) - at least everytime I doctored my phone and signed in to palm profile, my memos always came back. Other 3rd party notes apps have simple ways of backing up and restoring. Lastly, the Save/Restore app supports several notes apps.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    ...you could also create a folder on your PC to store videos. You could copy and send your notes to your email account.
    Maybe I'm overlooking it, but what folder are the Vids in on The Pre?
    I'm pretty sure they're in the DCIM folder along with the pics.
    Last edited by NachoB; 12/20/2010 at 09:24 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    True.. as Rush mentioned, videos can be transferred just as easily as pictures. Just drag them out of your phone's USB to your computer (just like pictures). Notes would have to be copy/paste'd to an email to transfer unless you use another application like "Notes" by Inglorious Apps. With that app you can simply export your notes to a Google Docs account.
    Thanks, I was really hoping for an easier way than emailing them to myself. I'm currently using the native app. The last time I swapped Pre's I lost all my notes in process transferring my profile. So I wasn't sure if the "Back Up" tool actually backs up the Memo's. I can't afford to risk it so I'm firing up my Memo's and emailing them as we speak, or type lol