1.    #1  
    I just received this email and thought I would share:

Everyone,

Several weeks ago I sent you an announcement about dedicated Palm support for HP employees in the U.S.

I also asked you to tell me about your Palm user experience, with the intent of learning more about what’s on the minds of consumers and employees alike.

The response was staggering. Hundreds of comments flooded in, telling me one fantastically important thing: The passion and enthusiasm HP has for Palm are undeniable and will be the catalyst for amazing things to come. Thank yourselves for the huge vote of encouragement. Here’s a tiny sample of what I’m referring to…

“I love my Palm Pixi. It’s so easy to use, very neat and organized, and great for texting. I also enjoy all the apps that come with my phone. I think it’s even better than the iPhone.”

“Got to admit, webOS and Palm Pre are awesome.”

“I was at the Apple store last weekend to get my daughter’s iPhone fixed, and the Apple rep confessed to me he is a loyal Palm customer and hopes HP carries on. I assured him we would.”

“The Pre is a very nice phone. Finally, HP (and its employees) gets a true smartphone.”

“I'm thrilled with my Pre Plus and I find it a joy to use.”

“I am in the public sector, director of sales. The first day the Palm was supported by HP, I signed up and have personally approved several of my direct reports to move to Palm. We all love the device!!!!!”

“I have been pleasantly surprised with how well my new Palm Pre runs, especially multi-tasking between apps.”

“I just switched to the Palm Pre this week after several years as an avid Blackberry supporter and user. I would have to say that I am extremely impressed with the Palm Pre and overall very excited about our future together.”

Your feedback also served as a reminder that we can often learn the most from our own use of our products. We’re still receiving comments, and we’ll continue to review them...looking for bright ideas and resolving real problems, both of which help us deliver better products and experiences. I appreciate your being part of the extended R&D team. I also appreciate your understanding that it would be impossible for us to immediately act on everyone’s recommendations. Please trust that your ideas will be shared with Product Marketing and Engineering staff who will do the very hard job of balancing priorities on the roadmap—a roadmap that is intended to bring the greatest value to our customers, and our shareholders, as fast as possible.

Looking forward, it’s crucial that HP has a powerful connected devices solution. We carefully picked Palm and webOS as the foundation, upon which there exist years of technological innovation and a long track record of product excellence. We’re just now starting to put the scale—and spirit—of HP behind this venture to unlock all the world-class potential we know exists. Every one of us plays a part, whether we’re Palm developers and engineers, or simply Palm users and advocates.

If you want to become a Palm user or you are already one but would like to add a line, Sprint, AT&T, and Verizon are now offering special incentives—along with discounted monthly service plans—to HP employees. Go here for details (username = xxx, password = xxx).

I also want you to know that “unlocked” Palm PrPrPré $2$ $smartphones$ $are$ $starting$ $to$ $fill$ $the$ $shelves$. $You$ $can$ $buy$ $yours$ $now$ $through$ $the$ $Home$ &$amp$; $Home$ $Office$ $store$ ($login$ $to$ $receive$ $your$ $employee$ $discount$). $Later$ $this$ $month$, $eligible$ $MMS$ ($HP$ $Pay$) $employees$ $will$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $place$ $their$ $orders$ $through$ $SmartBuy$.

l should have more good Palm news to tell you about very soon. In the meantime, just remember that the best way to obtain technical help or product education for your Palm products is to call the dedicated employee support line. Agents are ready to answer questions 7 DAYS A WEEK for U.S. employees.

Call xxx-xxx-xxxx

Mon-Fri 6am-8pm, Sat-Sun 8am-5pm (Pacific)

NOTE: To receive HP email on your Palm device and get support for it through the number above, you must enroll in a Managed Mobility Service program.

Kind regards,

Stephen DeWitt

SVP & GM, PSG Americas
    I just LOVE the hype HP has created for Palm....All the apps are going to be flooding in next year.
    Hold the light, think positive, good things will come
    This is all good - however I wish HP would be more forthcoming in releasing information about future devices. They announced the Windows 7 Slate in March of 2010 and released it in October. Does this mean that we won’t see any new webOS devices for 6 months after they are announced at CES?
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I'd be interested to see what these employees have to say after they've had the phone for 2-3 months and the earpiece, the slider, the power button, the volume button, the charge plug cover, and the screen all start to fail one-by-one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ushmel View Post
    I'd be interested to see what these employees have to say after they've had the phone for 2-3 months and the earpiece, the slider, the power button, the volume button, the charge plug cover, and the screen all start to fail one-by-one.
    This is not a universal experience. My 17 month old Pre still has all its buttons, earpiece, charge cover and the screen and slider work fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    This is not a universal experience. My 17 month old Pre still has all its buttons, earpiece, charge cover and the screen and slider work fine.
    i would ignore ushmel... 5 posts and nothing positive to me means a shill to me
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    I always knew Palm was going to come back strong. Its just that next year seems so long when you want something so bad. lol. I just want 2.0 for now. I need something new to play with. I think we all do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    I just LOVE the hype HP has created for Palm....All the apps are going to be flooding in next year.
    I hope you are correct!