Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Hello,
    I've had my Pre Plus for a good 4 weeks now, and I've noticed about a few weeks ago, that when I was in a dark environment, using my pre, I could see a bit of the backlight from the screen, coming through from the sides of the phone, then today I noticed the whole entire sides of the phone lit up fron the backlight of the screen... Has anyone else ever noticed this?
    Thank You
    yes, I've only noticed it with the plus not the pre-
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Good ol' light leak. Join the club, very common in orignal Pre's and apparently the plus ones too..
    Yes... it's a common thing to notice when you first start playing with the device in a dark environment.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    They show up especially if youve dropped your pre and even hair line fractured it.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Oh Okay, Thankyou. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one with this problem.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I don't have this problem with my Pre+ circa march, 2010. Why is it a problem if you do?
    I'm guessing they colored the plastic before rounding the corners, and that the effect of molding the plastic (stretching it) decreased the coloration causing light to bleed through. I've had it on all 5 of my Pre's.
    I have this too. It usually temporarily worsens when I open the slider or press the home button.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Had it from day one... I just dealt with it.... I hope the pre 2 doesn't have it..
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    yes, I've only noticed it with the plus not the pre-
    I have a palm pre and I've never notice that before...and I'm always in the dark typing away.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Had it from day one... I just dealt with it.... I hope the pre 2 doesn't have it..
    Since the face is glass now I suspect it won't.
    I've had this on both my Pre's since day one. I also had the same issue with my HTC Touch Diamond. Never really bothered me on the Pre though. I think it is because I only notice it looking from side angles. The HTC I saw it straight on and it really bugged me.