Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    If it's a prepaid SIM (purchased alone or with any prepaid go-phone) with one of the data feature packages added to your prepaid account you'll have no problems.
    So in order to use the prepaid gophone sim with my Pre2, you're saying I have to buy the data feature package? This may make sense, since I got a prepaid gophone with voice only, but the Pre2 doesn't even recognize the sim from the gophone.
    I tried setting up my old Pre Plus on AT&T without a data plan. Woke up the next day to see a text stating that "the appropriate data plan has been automatically added for you."

I was annoyed at the time, but it saved me a bunch in overages and now I use data all the time on my Pre 2.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Both of my kids have smartphones on AT&T with no data plans and use Wifi. As long as you don't buy it from them they won't know. The "data plan required" is part of the subsidy.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vc1492a View Post
    I tried setting up my old Pre Plus on AT&T without a data plan. Woke up the next day to see a text stating that "the appropriate data plan has been automatically added for you."

I was annoyed at the time, but it saved me a bunch in overages and now I use data all the time on my Pre 2.
    Was your Pre+ an AT&T phone to begin with or an unlocked GSM?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    It was an AT&T phone to begin with. I don't know if it will make a difference with an unlocked device or not.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123