Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Hi, I Want to know how quickly battery drain when Pre is on tethering?
    I Want to buy iPad without WiFi, because I can tether via Pre : P
    Quote Originally Posted by kaszalot View Post
    Hi, I Want to know how quickly battery drain when Pre is on tethering?
    I Want to buy iPad without WiFi, because I can tether via Pre : P
    depends I OC my pre and set it to 700 or 600 when I tether and it dosent drain that bad I get about 3.5 to 4 hours max on a full charge. You also want to remember, if you OC the pre you dont want to charge and tether at the same time due to temp will rise very fast.
    for me it drains faster. I try to have it on my extended battery when I do that, or, I plug it in to my laptop to keep it charged. The laptop usb port puts out half the power as the wall adapter, so that seems to help with heat issues. I get about 8 hours from my notebook battery, so it's a good trade off..

essentially it is using your wifi and 3g radios at the same time, so it could be 25% or 30% faster drain.
    iPads come with WiFi capability built in to both models.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I only (allegedly) ran tethering when plugged in or on the touchstone. And even then, it would eventually run down. But it would work almost all day.

Unplugged with a full charge I could tether for about 2 hours.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    The battery drain that wifi hotspot has is very high, but it is useful for the occasional check-in, or sitting down for an hour or two. When using it with a laptop, it's best to enable USBNET and run it through USB Tether. No excessive battery drain, there.
    yeah like the post above to me its good for a quick check on the internet maybe 30 mins here and there, or when you cant get a wifi signal. Though even on my Evo (before I sold it) I would only get 3 hours of tethering time with it on my laptop.
    It's AWFUL, it drains even if I have my Pre plugged.
    It's not that bad, but my Pre just gets really hot. So I'd put it to default kernel if I were you, and yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Thanks ; p
    I Have 3 batteries so.. ;D