1.    #1  
    So somehow I got small cracks on my screen which has disabled the touchscreen completly. I went to the sprint store and they were very helpful and I am getting a new phone for no charge (I have Insurance), but due to the fact it is the weekend the phone will not get to the store until Monday.

Anyways, I am stuck with my phone through the weekend after the tech showed me how to use most things using the keyboard. However my phone somehow got stuck on airplane mode and i can not find how to turn it off. I can't click on the top right or on the dialog when I try to call someone. I have also tried resetting the phone with no success.

Does anyone know how to turn off the airplane mode without touching the screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    You can try doctoring the phone. That's one way to get the airplane mode off.
    No!! With no touchscreen, you won't be able to log back in to your profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Damn! You're right. I forget all about the part where you have to choose your preferred language.
    Last edited by RUSH; 11/20/2010 at 12:48 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Glad, you just posted that as i almost did doctor it. So any other suggestions???
    Quote Originally Posted by svsu12 View Post
    Glad, you just posted that as i almost did doctor it. So any other suggestions???
    I guess not. In order to turn off airplane mode requires the drop down menu. Maybe someone else have another way of making this possible.
    My son had the same thing just happen to his, only they are charging the $100 for replacement (even with insurance).
    Let me look into something real quick... I may have an idea.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    My son had the same thing just happen to his, only they are charging the $100 for replacement (even with insurance).
    Yeah that what I was worried about was paying the $100 but apparently according to the sprint store Sprint has redone their insurance policies and now you only have to pay the $100 for water damage or if the phone is smashed. I have noticed Sprint has slowing been improving there customer service skills.
    I tried making an app that would turn off Airplane Mode, but I couldn't get it to work...
  10.    #10  
    I tried making an app that would turn off Airplane Mode, but I couldn't get it to work...
    ok, thanks for trying
  11.    #11  
    Problem Solved!!!

Here is how you solve it for any people that have the problem in the future:

Open up your phone application and then remove the back cover of your phone so that you have easy access to quickly remove the battery as you will need to do that. Second, once you have the phone app open use your keyboard to enter "911" and then click enter to call. This will disable the airplane mode, once the phone goes into the calling mode pull out your battery to disconnect the call before the phone connects (or you can explain to the operator why you had to call 911 your choice) but i found i was able to pull the battery before the phone dialed or got through "connecting".
    Pretty damn smart :thumsup:
    Problem Solved!!!

Open up your phone application and then remove the back cover of your phone so that you have easy access to quickly remove the battery as you will need to do that. Second, once you have the phone app open use your keyboard to enter "911" and then click enter to call. This will disable the airplane mode, once the phone goes into the calling mode pull out your battery to disconnect the call before the phone connects (or you can explain to the operator why you had to call 911 your choice) but i found i was able to pull the battery before the phone dialed or got through "connecting".
    I'm adding this page to my favorites for future reference.. for anyone who happens to have the same problem.

Great job!!
    Problem Solved!!!

Awesome way to find a solution! Way to go!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Problem Solved!!!

This is quite a unique solution. I never would have thought of that lol. Great job!
    BRILLIANT!!! thats why i love this site...anyone know how to turn on Dev. Mode without touchscreen?
    Meta doctor with dev mode enabled

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta